Our Two "Kids"

awww...Bella and Dexter, I love them :love_heart: I have a Bella too (age 2 pomapoo F) and will be getting a rescue dog the day after Easter. He's a 1-2 yr old male Beagle and I'm in the process of checking my list twice in order to choose the perfect name for him. It will be a whole new life for him...in a good way :)

awww...Bella and Dexter, I love them :love_heart: I have a Bella too (age 2 pomapoo F) and will be getting a rescue dog the day after Easter. He's a 1-2 yr old male Beagle and I'm in the process of checking my list twice in order to choose the perfect name for him. It will be a whole new life for him...in a good way :)

Thanks Lara, they are a great pair and get along so well. Bella is a rescue as well, I got her from a rescue center in Tennessee when she was about 14 weeks old, can't believe she'll be 11 in June. Beagles are cool, my neighbor has one and he's a great dog. I had to look up Pomapoo, I'd never heard of that breed, cute little ones they are!

That's great, Lara! Beagles are barkers sometimes but they are so affectionate and loyal. Let us know when you get him. Will you name him to match Bella with the first initial? Like Bruce, Barclay, Boomer or ???

Thank you Jim and Rose. I like those names, Rose but I already have about 40 names on my list that I love:rofl::rolleyes: so I'll have to wait until Monday when I see him face to face again so I can match his personality. I don't even have a picture of him yet because he had just arrived at the shelter.

I'll be posting a thread probably. I'm excited and already falling in love with him but it's complicated due to his background. I'm hopeful though. My brief visit went well and he appears healthy and got along well with my Bella girl. We'll have to see.

Regarding the barking, he seems quiet. He was in an overcrowded kennel with more beagles (and more on the way). All of them were barking at me except this one. In face he walked to the back and out the small opening to the outdoor part. I had to ask the worker there to get him for me.

After a bout with liver cancer and losing the strength in her rear legs, we had to put our Bella girl to sleep yesterday. She gave us 12 awesome years and will be missed greatly.

View attachment 72833

AwwwJim-I am sooo sorry. The very hardest part of having pets. I am facing that soon with my Golden-Cody. He is 13 and becoming quite senile. Hurts to watch and I`m sure not much fun for him.

Very sorry, Jim. Equal to the loss of a human friend in my book. Sometimes even more.

AwwwJim-I am sooo sorry. The very hardest part of having pets. I am facing that soon with my Golden-Cody. He is 13 and becoming quite senile. Hurts to watch and I`m sure not much fun for him.

Thank you Ruth and Mrs Robinson! This one was extra tough, she was truly my best bud!

Mrs. Robinson sorry to hear about Cody. Our Bella was having moments where she was disoriented, I think it had to do with the toxins building up in her body.

I'm so sorry Jim. 😢

Thank You Ruthanne!

I am so sorry, Jim. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog.

How is your other dog doing? Dogs grieve, too.

Thank You Butterfly! Dex appears to be doing okay so far. I made sure he spent some quality time with Bella before we left for the Vet and I'm making sure to spend some extra time with him every night when I get home. He's never known life without his sister, so I'm sure it will be an adjustment for him. We have already filled out the forms with a couple German Shepherd rescues in our area and are now just waiting final approval so we can get Dexter another brother or sister. Bella was a rescue as well, I got her in 2007 at 14 weeks old. We would like to avoid a puppy this time around and maybe get a dog that's 1 or 2 years old. We'll see what's available once our approval goes through.

Jim, Bella is busy playing with her new friends on rainbow bridge as she waits to once again be your loyal friend when one day when you rejoin her. She has no pain now.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. We miss Bella a lot. It's tough going for walks without her by my side.

On a positive note, we just had our home visit and interview by one of the rescue groups yesterday and the guy that did the visit said everything looked great and we should get our approval sometime this week. I feel like we're trying to adopt a kid with all of the hoops one has to jump through, but I guess it's all for the best for the dog in the long run.

Back