Out-dated female names

I have/had relatives with 5 of the names on that list. My grandmother was Blanche. She was disappointed that none of her granddaughters were given that name.

I was born with the first name of Linda (legally changed it in 2000) and it was a very popular name in the late 40's early 50's. So I grew up with what I thought was a very boring name. My surname was also very common.

My youngish ( 34) DIL from the Phillipines is called Sheila,My husbands ex was also called Sheila..
My mothers name was Laurent Rose ..she had a rose named after her ..I was surprised when my eldest Grandaughter was born 24 years ago my daughter named her Amanda which I thought at the time was a "old" name

Part of my name is on the list. After many years of hating my name because it wasn't Debby, Cindy or Linda I like my name now. It's different. I don't like a lot of the names on that list, though.

My grandmother's name was Edith Ethel, not names I would choose. But I think this list is a bit incorrect. There's
Princess Beatrice who is rather pleasing to the eye
princess_beatrice_2580277.jpg
Carolyn Kennedy's daughter Rose, once again very attractive
tumblr_lwjhjguR0G1qcchdto1_400.jpg

I rather like many of these names. Barbara, Phyllis, Marlene, Josephine...

forward Part of my name is on the list. After many years of hating my name because it wasn't Debby, Cindy or Linda I like my name now. It's different. I don't like a lot of the names on that list, though.

Location, location, location! My Mom was fond of actor Leslie Howard. But then fast forward to a bunch of Italian-American school mates. Maria, I wanted my real name to be Maria...

My Dad won the name the baby for my name and named me after his sister Ruth. Mom wanted to name me Juliaearl Francis after her best friend back in the 1920's. Glad Dad won that one but... Since my Dad's sister and his brother's first wife were both Ruth I ended up with a shortened version of Victoria.

Back