Packing our bags..

Capt Lightning

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is fed up with bad news on the TV, in the papers etc... Well, we've packing our bags and are off to Vienna (Austria) for a winter break and not watch Austrian TV.

This was all planned ages ago, but we had to cancel at the last minute due to Covid. We got all our money back, and tucked our Euros away till we could go, so at least we've got our spending money. We've booked a small suite in a hotel we stayed in before. It's outside the city centre, but a easy walk to the shops, Opera house, Spanish riding school etc. Plenty of restaurants in the area - looking forward to a good Wiener schnitzel !

Travel times aren't very convenient since British Airways cancelled a load of flights, but we're going anyway, Aberdeen - Heathrow - Vienna.
Hope there are some good Christmas markets to browse as well as the museums and art galleries - and Mrs. L wants to do some clothes shopping in C&A.

Heading off this weekend and hopefully I'll get a couple of pics to show you.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is fed up with bad news on the TV, in the papers etc... Well, we've packing our bags and are off to Vienna (Austria) for a winter break and not watch Austrian TV.

This was all planned ages ago, but we had to cancel at the last minute due to Covid. We got all our money back, and tucked our Euros away till we could go, so at least we've got our spending money. We've booked a small suite in a hotel we stayed in before. It's outside the city centre, but a easy walk to the shops, Opera house, Spanish riding school etc. Plenty of restaurants in the area - looking forward to a good Wiener schnitzel !

Travel times aren't very convenient since British Airways cancelled a load of flights, but we're going anyway, Aberdeen - Heathrow - Vienna.
Hope there are some good Christmas markets to browse as well as the museums and art galleries - and Mrs. L wants to do some clothes shopping in C&A.

Heading off this weekend and hopefully I'll get a couple of pics to show you.
Bring me back something? :giggle:
No really, have a great trip.

Vienna has a great
trams.jpg
tram system, but like all urbanised cities
there's much to make you look twice:
vienna1.jpg
So much of Vienna is off circuit to the intrepid tourist.
But don't let me put you off. You will love the city, just
be careful, that's all.

I am going to Europe for 11 days in April. I am going to Zurich, Munich, salsburg, Vienna and Prague. I was supposed to go in 2020. Enjoy your trip!!

Vienna has a great
View attachment 252082
tram system, but like all urbanised cities
there's much to make you look twice:
View attachment 252083
So much of Vienna is off circuit to the intrepid tourist.
But don't let me put you off. You will love the city, just
be careful, that's all.
Don't worry HC ... been there before and have a good idea where to go, where to eat etc.

Younger daughter just called to say that she and OH are off to Copenhagen for the festivities at the Tivoli gardens.

Last edited:

Back