Pagosa Springs. Tell me about it.

treeguy64

Hari Om, y'all!
We're considering PS. Do any of y'all have much experience with this town? Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I was there years ago to visit a bicycle store that displayed a particular brand of mountain bike. It's a small town in a beautiful setting not far from Durango. Because it's fairly high altitude, it gets a lot of winter snow that starts early and lasts long.

What I don't understand is its high crime rate. I am going to call the police department, up there, and see if anyone can enlighten me on why crime is at the level it is. I am thinking it may have something to do with so many unoccupied vacation homes during a good part of the year, and alcohol/drug abuse by the throngs of tourists who descend on the town during ski season.

I looked it up out of curiosity. There only 1,750 people as of a nine year old census; hoping thaat's a misprint. Lovely wood chalets start at half a million. Lots of snow. Some nice restaurants. Tourist trap.

Depends on what a person wants. I see no job opportunities aside from services or business ownership for the tourist trade.

I'm probably wrong, but it seems like a dud for someone who is active beyond skiing. As a healthy, active senior with a partner, I'd be bored. I think.

Back