Parents Outliving Their Children

Sometimes I wonder what's keeping me alive when my high school classmates are departing left and right. I hardly ever do what you'd call exercise and my diet is atrocious - mainly bread, pasta and cereals. Once in a while I make myself a tossed salad out of packaged veggie mix only because I feel guilty about not eating right, not from any desire to eat veggies. About the only thing going for me is that I don't smoke, do drugs recreationally (the scrips I get cost enough!), and hardy ever touch alcohol (except as a skin antiseptic)

Deb,

Maybe you will end your days like "The One Hoss Shay".
http://www.grg.org/OneHossShay.htm

The poor old chaise in a heap or mound,As if it had been to the mill and ground!
You see, of course, if you 're not a dunce,
How it went to pieces all at once,
All at once, and nothing first,
Just as bubbles do when they burst.
"Just as bubbles do when they burst"

End of the wonderful one-hoss-shay.
Logic is logic. That's all I say.
"End of the wonderful one-hoss-shay"

To lose a child is a devastating experience. You never get over it, you simply get through it. The pain lessens with time but never goes away. It's been 40 years and it still hurts.

To lose a child is a devastating experience. You never get over it, you simply get through it. The pain lessens with time but never goes away. It's been 40 years and it still hurts.
Hi Gennie, so true, sorry you had to feel this pain, July 5 was 11 yrs and I have my moments on special days, I've not been able to listen to music since.. Too emotional ..God Bless You ��

I just heard yesterday that my Aunt passed away. She was one of my mothers remaining sisters. On October 1st she would have turned 101 yrs old. Although it breaks my heart that she has passed away,thinking back on her life she will finally be in peace. She lost one of her daughters when the daughter was only 30yrs old.She committed suicide after her husband left her. She joined scientology and they incouraged her to commit suicide to come back to a better life. My aunt never got over it. Then 2 years ago she lost her husband and one of her grandsons.I hope there is a heaven and she is reunited with her loved ones.

Sorry you lost her Sassy- but how wonderful that you had her in your life for so long! :love_heart:

Thank you RR. I was very blessed to have her as my Aunt. We were very close and she was perfect. I am very close to her children too. Now there is only one Aunt out of 6 girls in my Mom's family and even my Mom's 5 brothers are gone now. It was a wonderful family.

Our neighbor lady lost her two sons; one to Ewings Sarcoma and the other to a broken neck that was caused by a car accident that I was called to investigate.

Back