Parents Putting Their Daughters In Beauty Contests. Your Opinion

I can tell everyone here, my daughter saved me. I was going down some bad roads and when I found out I was pregnant, my life changed. The very instant I found out. She was a God-Send for sure. And I have three beautiful grandchildren. Loves of my life.

If it's just a quick beauty contest for fun.... awesome, but to put these children through a full - model, beauty, adult type beauty contest is beyond my comprehension. I honestly do not believe beauty is just what you see. It is the entire package and there are so many beautiful people in this world. To judge a few and say they are the best, messes them up and the rest of the world. All of our children are beautiful. What they do with their lives is what determines beauty as adults.

If it's just a quick beauty contest for fun.... awesome, but to put these children through a full - model, beauty, adult type beauty contest is beyond my comprehension. I honestly do not believe beauty is just what you see. It is the entire package and there are so many beautiful people in this world. To judge a few and say they are the best, messes them up and the rest of the world. All of our children are beautiful. What they do with their lives is what determines beauty as adults.

I think all beauty contests for children are a very bad idea. Actually I think all beauty contests for whatever age a girl/woman is are a bad idea. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.

Ditto! It’s one thing to compete on skill and accomplishment but to compete on external beauty puts emphasis where it doesn’t belong. Girls and women start judging themselves on their appearance instead of their inner beauty.
I find it belittling to women of all ages. We are more than our looks.

I think the whole child beauty pageant scene is rather sick and twisted. Instead of age appropriate contests for little girls, we all seen pics of little girls preened up to look like cheap hookers. You have to wonder about the psychological make up of those, who dress kids as though they were sexually mature adults. And, of course, the contestants are not scarred by these contests.

We've seen TV specials about the abusive, sexually charged contests for kids on TV. I believe any contest where kids are portrayed, in any way, as sexually mature adults, should not be tolerated. There is a difference between a child beauty queen and a street walker. Any contest which blurs the line should be not be tolerated. I think that contests where kids remain kids and are age appropriate for the child are possibly OK.

I used to work overtime in which these child pageants would be going on, and I think it's more the Moms that want them then the kids. Join your kids up in something they are going to enjoy, rather then it's something Mom wants or needs. These little girls don't look like little girls anymore... they look horrible and rude...

Back