Patient who gave birth while in a Vegatitive State , Nurse arrested

hollydolly

SF VIP
A male nurse has been arrested in Arizona on suspicion of raping a quadriplegic woman who suddenly gave birth despite being in a vegetative state for 26 years, police revealed on Wednesday.
Nathan Sutherland, 36, has been taken into custody and now faces one charge of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse after a DNA test identified him as the father.
Sutherland - a Haitian orphan - has been a licensed practical nurse since 2011 and was directly responsible for caring for the victim at the Hacienda HealthCare Facility, according to police.
The defendant refused to answer investigator's questions after his arrest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mentally-challenged-quadriplegic-patient.html

Oh yes, I heard about this the other day. Terrible! How on earth did the pregnancy go un-noticed? No one cared enough to report the signs!

The care administrators should get jail time, as well as the rapist!!

Disgusting. From the article... "The 36-year-old is a Haitian orphan and devout christian who regularly tours local churches to perform Christian rap songs in the group 'SLEEPLESSOULJAZ', alongside his sister."

And from Yahoo... "The case has prompted the departure or discipline of key figures at Hacienda HealthCare, including the CEO. The provider says one doctor who had cared for the woman resigned and another had been suspended."

Great doctors, huh??? :mad:

Oh yes, I heard about this the other day. Terrible! How on earth did the pregnancy go un-noticed? No one cared enough to report the signs!

The care administrators should get jail time, as well as the rapist!!

When I heard this story on the news a couple weeks ago, like you RR, I wondered how the pregnancy could have gone un-noticed. :confused: Something is ... 'off'.

Glad they made an arrest. Disgusting. :mad:

This incident underscores the minimal or marginal care offered to the elderly or disabled at some of our nations care facilities. It seems that Money is the highest priority at some of them.

Back