Paying It Forward

Jules

SF VIP
I keep reading of people who have had their order at the drive-thru paid for by the person in front of them.

Would you like this if it happened to you?

Do you do this?

Since I don’t go through a drive-thru once a year, it won’t happen to me and I glad it won’t. I would decline it.

If someone can afford a car, why does anyone else need to pay for their meal.

Paying It Forward
Would you like this if it happened to you?

Do you do this?

I don't do it

But, It's happened a few times when getting coffee at McD's drive thru

I just give the car ahead a thumbs up

If someone can afford a car, why does anyone else need to pay for their meal.
It's just a feel good

The last time was at a mini mart
The guy ahead of me paid for my wife's soda
I paid for the guy's soda behind me

Not the biggest of deals either way

I've put in a few coins for someone in front of me at the supermarket .. they thank me profusely. One time, I helped a lady with a full shopping cart caught in the rain, get to her car to put her items in the trunk, etc. She offered me a gift card to a spa, but I declined and said "just pay it forward". My mother always taught us to help people.

My husband has had this happen a few times as he wears his “Marine ball cap” and people like to reward ex servicemen. We have bought stuff for strangers as well. I guess the most surprising thing I ever did was when we were at the doctor.

A very elderly couple came in, both of them could barely walk. He walked in front, she walked behind holding on to his shoulders for dear life. At this time I could walk fairly well if I could hold onto something, as my issues were balance problems.

So I gave them my walker, they clearly could not afford one. Husband showed them how to fold it up. After my doctors appointment, off to Sams club to buy a new walker. 😂

We were very, very shocked and thankful, when a man at Waffle House paid for our breakfast. He told us that he did it because we were so friendly to him. Sometimes, in this "day and age", it's not very advisable to be too friendly, or friendly at all, with some folks, but this guy was different. We'd been to this Waffle House numerous times before and the waitresses/cooks knew us.

As for us, we've never paid for someone's meal, but have told someone that their brake light was out. I seen the couple get into their truck and the man put on the brakes. One light worked, the other didn't. I got out of our vehicle, walked up to the drivers side window, the man brought it down and said "sorry I have no extra change" and I said "I just wanted to tell you your right brake light was out." Him and his wife (girlfriend?) really thought I was asking for money. All three of us laughed and he said "thanks".

This "paying forward" is news to me. I didn't know it was a "thing". That's pretty cool.

What's so nice about it, is that it really makes YOU feel good, and that's a great way to go about your day.

iu

Last edited:

Back