Perry Como, "the man who invented casual."

iu
iu

"Life started out humbly for the would-be star, but despite reaching worldwide fame, perhaps his grandest achievement was also his greatest love; his 65-year-marriage to his wife, Roselle".

"Como fell in love at the age of 17. The young singer had a great deal in common with Roselle Belline, reported The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Both were the children of immigrant parents; Perry’s family was from Italy, and Roselle’s was from France".

"The pair first met at a picnic at Chartiers Creek, Pennsylvania. Como was smitten and turned to win young Roselle’s affections. He sang “More Than You Know” for the gathered crowd, not once taking his eyes away from the blonde beauty".

"Como later asked Roselle to accompany him to a school dance, and she accepted. She didn’t know it at the time, but Roselle was saying “yes” to the man she would spend the rest of her life with".

Last edited:

Perry's last 15 minute show (6/24/55)​

Perry Como says goodbye to Chesterfield, CBS and 15 minute programs on Friday June 24, 1955. He is as loose as Dean would be ten years later, and he jumps on the camera dolly like Jerry. Mrs. Como makes a surprise appearance at the conclusion.

Last edited:

KMH The Perry Como Show - November 18 1959​

"Perry's guests are Benny Goodman, Connie Francis and Celeste Holm. Highlights: Perry begins with the entire cast joining in on Sing, Sing, Sing. He follows by singing "I've Got You Under My Skin". Perry introduces Connie Francis who sings "Do You Like Me Like You Kiss Me and Mama." – Other songs include And That’s Jazz – Come Rain or Come Shine – Deed I Do – That Old Feeling – Swing – Let’s Dance – The Music Goes Round and Round – Oh, Jonny – Heartaches – A Still Small Voice – Perry Closes with his 5-year old MDA friend Alan who sings Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

Track taken from the 1966 album (Lightly Latin) orchestra conducted by Nick Perito, written by Ray Charles & Nick Perito, song recorded on March 1, 1966.

"It's Impossible" was composed in 1968 by Mexican songwriter Armando Manzanero. The song was adapted in 1970 by Sid Wayne who wrote English lyrics set to the music. Perry Como recorded this version for his 1970 album, It's Impossible, produced by Don Costa.

Andrea Bocelli - Somos Novios -Live From Lake Las Vegas / 2001

Last edited:
My little brother, around the age of 4, knew all the words to "Catch A Falling Star". He would sing it, and do the action of putting the star in his pocket.

Japanese Mom called Perry Como .. "Pelly no Como-san" :)

Back