Peter Wheat Bakery Delivery Back When

fmdog44

There was a bakery named Peter Wheat and the would drive up and come to your door with a tray of bakery goods to choose from. You bought them on the spot baked fresh that morning.

Kelly_PeterWheat_100.jpg
PeterWheatBreadTruck_100.jpg

There was a bakery named Peter Wheat and the would drive up and come to your door with a tray of bakery goods to choose from. You bought them on the spot baked fresh that morning.
I just saw your post. I, too rember the Peter Wheat bakery truck, (cerca about 1952), while living on MacArthur Blvd., off of Federal Blvd., a little west of Lemon Grove.

My father worked for Peter Wheat when I was 4 years old. My spouse's family was one of the deliveries stops on my father's route. We actually met between our 8th grade and freshman year in high school by accident camping. She remembered my father. We have been married 53 years.

My Dad worked for Peter Wheat many years ago. At the end of the day he was able to take home leftovers. That was the only way we would have been able to afford cinnamon rolls, raisin bread, etc.

Darn, is that where we got that from?

As kids, we got peanut butter in these big pails. They were decorated with these weird little gnome characters, and for some reason we'd taunt each other: "The Peter Weet Man is looking at you!" "Look out. Under your chair. It's the Peter Weet Man!"

Maybe we had that bread around, though I don't remember it. Maybe our parents had transferred the name?

Back