Picnic

Real country ham biscuits, potato salad, deviled eggs, watermelon chunks, chocolate brownies and iced tea. Yes, real country ham is the salty stuff but so tasty on my version of a old fashioned beaten biscuit.
Okay, then! I'll bring some homemade baked beans...real ones, not the kind from cans. I hope that's sweet tea. If not, I'll bring some. Try to get there early so we can get a table under a tree...

It sounds like @gennie has got it pretty well covered I might make a pan of real baked beans from scratch or a pan of pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.
Oops...I didn't see that you already volunteered for real baked beans. If Gennie's tea isn't sweet tea, I'll bring it.

Yanno...I don't think DD's family has ever gone on a picnic, at least not in the 10 years that I've been here. Come to think of it, it doesn't seem like anybody goes on picnics anymore. Maybe because in the spring here, there's so much pollen that nobody can breathe, in the summer it's too darned hot. Heck, we've never even had a meal on the patio. If SIL cooks on the grill, the food is still served inside.

When we still lived in the U.P. and the kids came to visit in the summertime, picnicking is what we did a lot of. Everybody seemed to enjoy it. Wonder what gives?

I still like to do little roadside picnics when traveling by car.

Sometimes the food is prepared at home and other times it's whatever looks good in a local market, bakery or farm stand along the route.

image.jpg

Aunt Bea, imagine getting all dressed up (including a hat!) for a picnic. I'm assuming the man in the suit and tie was doing the driving. LOL

Sometimes for no particular reason and with no particular place in mind to go, we'd all pile into the car and just go for a ride, stopping at a grocery store for a loaf of bread, some bologna, American cheese, mustard, maybe apples or bananas, and stop somewhere along the road to eat lunch. Those were the best "feasts"!

Well we’re going to the beach tomorrow and I’ll tell you what we’re going to bring; croissants, apples cheese, champagne, and some orange juice and grenadine to make mimosas numnum

Back