Pix to Cool Us Off

Last Thursday while the rest of interior Northern California was baking in 3 digit temperatures, 2 of us were on a 4 night backpack into the John Muir Wilderness in the Sierra Nevada where mid day temps were in the low 70Fs. We camped 2 nights across this lake at 9.8k feet below the falls just right of center. Peaks in back up to 13k and yes that white spot is still melting snow. Lake with abundant rainbow, eastern brook, and German brown trout. I caught my lunch of 10" to 12" rainbows in less than a half hour just after we set up camp. And yes we jumped in its cool refreshing waters each afternoon. Too much fun for old guys.

This is a downsized for web version of 3 stitch blended panorama of 14,000 by 6,000 pixels that is also focus stack blended. The second image is a small 100% pixels crop from the first image of the falls showing the real detail.

TQ00283-00326-5x1vy.jpg

TQ00283-00326-5x1v-cr1.jpg

Last Thursday while the rest of interior Northern California was baking in 3 digit temperatures, 2 of us were on a 4 night backpack into the John Muir Wilderness in the Sierra Nevada where mid day temps were in the low 70Fs. We camped 2 nights across this lake at 9.8k feet below the falls just right of center. Peaks in back up to 13k and yes that white spot is still melting snow. Lake with abundant rainbow, eastern brook, and German brown trout. I caught my lunch of 10" to 12" rainbows in less than a half hour just after we set up camp. And yes we jumped in its cool refreshing waters each afternoon. Too much fun for old guys.

This is a downsized for web version of 3 stitch blended panorama of 14,000 by 6,000 pixels that is also focus stack blended. The second image is a small 100% pixels crop from the first image of the falls showing the real detail.

TQ00283-00326-5x1vy.jpg

TQ00283-00326-5x1v-cr1.jpg
@David777 - It looks like you had a very cool trip. The photos are gorgeous, and lunch sounds delicious! 😊

Back