Pizza by Design

tenor.gif

How To Make Breakfast Pizza (Link)

"If cold leftover pizza is a breakfast you’d rather leave as a college memory, but the idea of pizza for breakfast still appeals, then this recipe is for you".

"You can find breakfast pizza pretty much anywhere, but there’s a version popular in the Midwest that we’re pretty smitten with. This regional speciality might seem standard at first — sausage, eggs, and cheese on a basic crust — but when you look closer, you’ll find a creamy cheese sauce in place of a haphazard handful of cheese, and hash browns tucked in under the layer of meat and eggs. It’s those details that make this gas station pizza one to be inspired by".

k%2Farchive%2Fa143e45e50563f41dbdecd93bcf2cef5696b7d91

Back when I was about 8 I had pizza at a church bazaar. It was thin and crispy, it had no toppings but a thin layer of cheeses, maybe a parmesan, Romano and asiago mix . It was the tastiest pizza I ever had. It had a lot of flavor, even the crust tasted better than the cardboard you get with thin pizza today. Someone at church made it in simple 13x9 metal baking pans. I decided to try making it. Well, I found the recipe online. Blah it takes 3 days for just the crust. Yep, the dough ferments in the refrigerator for two days plus another day of turning, rising and flattening. You have to love your dough for that. I don't have it in me.

Back