Pizza Delivery In These Times...lol

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I ordered a pizza tonight and boy have times changed...used to just greet the delivery person with the money and tip and now...

We agreed he'd come up to my apt.( I made it his choice as I am flexible) but I would not answer (according to the pizza places new standards) and rather leave a chair outside the door to put the pizza on and the money left under the mat (that part I suggested)...lol

Well, I roll with the times and we agreed to all that and it was really no problem but Oh Have Pizza Times Changed! :D ;)

I usually pick up my pizzas from a local pizzaria, but I had them deliver a pizza recently. This time I ordered it online for no contact delivery, paid for it online including tip, checked the directions to put by door and leave. I said thank you through the front window. :) Must be a bit more difficult in an apartment building.

Considering how many hands touched that pizza before it got to you, taking it from his hands should be the least of your worries.
And, I won't mention what could have been done to the pizza before it got to you.

Oooops....I already did.

Considering how many hands touched that pizza before it got to you, taking it from his hands should be the least of your worries.
And, I won't mention what could have been done to the pizza before it got to you.

Oooops....I already did.
I'm not worried. I trust they were careful. As they were. Plus I have washed my hands good.

There have been several commercials on tv from Papa John's and Domino's saying how many hands have touched your pizza. I always have my Papa John's veggie pizza delivered. I only order during football season as you get 50% off if the Texans win. So I don't get it often but when the Texans win I do order my pizza. Its enough for 2 good meals with that garlic butter sauce and freeze the leftovers for another meal. I have been known to enjoy a cold slice for breakfast the next day. I live by myself so I eat whenever and whatever I want!

I usually pick up my pizzas from a local pizzaria, but I had them deliver a pizza recently. This time I ordered it online for no contact delivery, paid for it online including tip, checked the directions to put by door and leave. I said thank you through the front window. :) Must be a bit more difficult in an apartment building.
Same here. Works great.

There have been several commercials on tv from Papa John's and Domino's saying how many hands have touched your pizza. I always have my Papa John's veggie pizza delivered. I only order during football season as you get 50% off if the Texans win. So I don't get it often but when the Texans win I do order my pizza. Its enough for 2 good meals with that garlic butter sauce and freeze the leftovers for another meal. I have been known to enjoy a cold slice for breakfast the next day. I live by myself so I eat whenever and whatever I want!
Yes, breakfast pizza is so good!

Papa Johns was one of my favorite deliveries until last time. I ordered online under no contact, used credit card for payment and tip. The guy gets here and rings the doorbell. I open my door and he hands me a pen and tells me to sign the receipt. I explained to him no contact and he insisted I sign. Long story short, I hope he enjoyed my pizza. No more PJs here.

Oooops....I already did.
From the time it left a 500 degree plus oven? Probably zero. Pizzerias use "peels" to move pizzas from oven to boxes, no human hands necessary. They get sliced on the peel or (more often) inside the box. The box is closed around the pizza and the delivery person takes it to its destination.

Enjoy your pizzas without worries, @Ruthanne.

I used to order a P J ā€˜s veggie about once a month or so until a bad experience a few months ago. The pizza came cold & almost burnt and shortly after I read in the local paperā€™s list of restaurant inspections that the shop I ordered from was shut down for a massive roach infestation. Needless to say that was the end of P Jā€™s for me. Anything that goes wrong with food Iā€™m ā€œone and doneā€. Since Iā€™ve come to feel that I donā€™t have ā€œall the time in the worldā€ any more, Iā€™m rarely willing to waste what time I have on giving second chances when good alternatives are available.

I used to order a P J ā€˜s veggie about once a month or so until a bad experience a few months ago. The pizza came cold & almost burnt and shortly after I read in the local paperā€™s list of restaurant inspections that the shop I ordered from was shut down for a massive roach infestation. Needless to say that was the end of P Jā€™s for me. Anything that goes wrong with food Iā€™m ā€œone and doneā€. Since Iā€™ve come to feel that I donā€™t have ā€œall the time in the worldā€ any more, Iā€™m rarely willing to waste what time I have on giving second chances when good alternatives are available.
I hate to ruin anyone's peace of mind, but go online and read the inspection reports from your local Dept of Health.

The cleanest eateries out there are fast food:
-There is no true "prep work" occuring
-Meats go from freezer-to-fryer or freezer-to-griddle, making contamination darned near impossible
-They clean up several times a shift

Sit-down restaurants are the worst on all levels because they work with a wide variety (and large quantity) of fresh ingredients and don't have retail shift managers policing the joint.

I've seen articles about how the Shelter-in-Place is affecting the rat population in New York City, now that restaurants are no longer in operation. I won't go into details, but the little buggers are starving. Five star restaurants are just as vulnerable as the taco place up the street.

I know this is a light-hearted thread but there is a good reason for these new rules for pizza delivery. A pizza delivery guy got shot and killed here about two years ago. It was a cold-hearted slaughter by a couple of teen-aged thugs. Times have changed.

Back