Plane Crash That Killed 132 Was Intentional - Murder/Suicide

win231

SF VIP
I was in Kunming Province several years ago. Very interesting place. I visited Kunming by train from Guangzhou, passing through a lot of tunnels.

My next trip will be a road trip. I planned it like this to get away from those terribly crowded airports, being loaded on the plane like a bunch of cattle. Too many restrictions, to much stress. I used to love flying but not for the last decade or so. Nothing like stopping by a roadside rest area and having a picnic lunch.

I had to read through the article to find out if it was a -8 MAX. It was not. When Boeing brought out their new 737-8, they also had a -8 MAX version. The MAX had two terrible accidents that killed 100’s. The plane was equipped with a system named MCAS, which would automatically cause the plane’s nose to be lowered if it would pitch up while in flight. The pilots flying the new plane had no idea that the plane had this feature or how to override it.
If interested, you may read about here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneuvering_Characteristics_Augmentation_System#:~:text=The Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) flight control law was,LEAP-1B engines and nacelles.

Last edited:
I had to look at the YouTube video to see the plane actually crash. The plane was in an almost complete nose down position before crashing. The plane had 123 passengers, but there was 132 fatalities. Were there two flight crews on that flight? I don’t know how the pilot would have done this alone in the cockpit. There had to be more than one person in the cockpit. I thought that most all airlines were going with at least two members of the flight crew in the cockpit at all times. I will have to follow this and see how this investigation ends.

I always brought a flight attendant into the cockpit if one of us had to use the lavatory. It prevents the crazies from locking out the pilot. We started this after 9-11 when the cockpit doors became unbreachable.

I had to read through the article to find out if it was a -8 MAX. It was not. When Boeing brought out their new 737-8, they also had a -8 MAX. The MAX had two terrible accidents that killed 100’s. The plane was equipped with a system named MCAS, which would automatically cause the plane’s nose to be lowered if it would pitch up while in flight. The pilots flying the new plane had no idea that the plane had this feature or how to override it.
If interested, you may read about here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneuvering_Characteristics_Augmentation_System#:~:text=The Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) flight control law was,LEAP-1B engines and nacelles.
That was my first thought when the incident was first reported. Whether it was intentional or mechanical malfunction, it is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the families and friends.

I had to look at the YouTube video to see the plane actually crash. The plane was in an almost complete nose down position before crashing. The plane had 123 passengers, but there was 132 fatalities. Were there two flight crews on that flight? I don’t know how the pilot would have done this alone in the cockpit. There had to be more than one person in the cockpit. I thought that most all airlines were going with at least two members of the flight crew in the cockpit at all times. I will have to follow this and see how this investigation ends.

I always brought a flight attendant into the cockpit if one of us had to use the lavatory. It prevents the crazies from locking out the pilot. We started this after 9-11 when the cockpit doors became unbreachable.
Good point...

I knew that plane looked intentionally aimed at the ground. It seemed to be so deliberate when I saw the video.
Exactly. The only thing that surprises me about this story is that the Chinese government didn't squelch the truth.

It's understandable to be suicidal but unforgivable (and completely unnecessary) to drag others along on your final journey.

So tragic for those on that flight and their loved ones.

Exactly. The only thing that surprises me about this story is that the Chinese government didn't squelch the truth.

It's understandable to be suicidal but unforgivable (and completely unnecessary) to drag others along on your final journey.

So tragic for those on that flight and their loved ones.
It would take a very unusual mechanical, hydraulic or electrical failure or other situation to cause a plane to suddenly go nose down. If the pilot had a heart attack and slumped forward onto the control column, that would also cause the plane to nose dive.

Even if it was some type of failure, pilots are very well trained to recover from such an incident, provided they have ample time and altitude to do so. It will be interesting to learn what the Chinese Investigation Board comes up with.

Back