Plantlife, Trees and All Growing Things

Hope this photo is OK I took it yesterday while out waking.
Wheat crop, one of 1000’s of acres of cereal crops that are grown here ,the homes in the background are on a famous Greg Norman golf course estateFFDB2345-989A-4906-BA78-5F06ABD89C54.jpeg

Gorgeous begonia, @Kadee46 !

Is it outdoors or indoors?
Is it in a container?

Is it in shade?

I love it; could you give me a cutting? :unsure::ROFLMAO::love:

Gorgeous begonia, @Kadee46 !

Is it outdoors or indoors?
Is it in a container?

Is it in shade?

I love it; could you give me a cutting? :unsure::ROFLMAO::love:
I have it growing under a verandah @Kaila I have several special begonias I bought from a grower in Queensland ,and yes its in a pot ...NO I sorry you can’t have one cause I live here a long along way from you 😂

Thank you for explaining, @Kadee46 (y)

It's nice to learn about them,
even though you don't even want to drop off a small starter for me, when you go by, sometime, on your way, someplace, and it wouldn't be much inconvenience for you. :ROFLMAO:

Beautiful and interesting! @Kadee46
I do love begonias, and they do not need full sun, like so many nice plants do.

Of those 2, I like both, but am more intrigued by the first one;
that is, if you changed your mind about bringing me one, but only have room for one, in the car. :LOL::love:

Beautiful and interesting! @Kadee46
I do love begonias, and they do not need full sun, like so many nice plants do.

Of those 2, I like both, but am more intrigued by the first one;
that is, if you changed your mind about bringing me one, but only have room for one, in the car. :LOL::love:
OK you’ve talked me into dropping in for a cuppa and chat ..send me your address and I’ll be there
plant in hand in about an hour 😂 😂 @Kaila

OK you’ve talked me into dropping in for a cuppa and chat ..send me your address and I’ll be there
plant in hand in about an hour

Oh, thank you! And the post gave me a big smile and brought welcome laughter to my face.
But now, @RadishRose might want you to drop by her, also, since she is only 3 or 4 States away from me....so again, not far out of your way. :giggle:

I must make a space for the plant on my plant table, right now!

Something I have never before seen-
119474046_6109942285689974_7447375179306404442_o.jpg

I’ve never see that before @RadishRose

I must go take a photo of my newest plant @Kaila a you might want a cutting of that as well:):)

there seems to be a “must have” of Variegated monsteras plants at any cost at the moment with some paying up to $3.000 for a single cutting of a slightly different version with more white on it the leaves than the one I bought , mind you they are getting big money 💵 for the one I have as well

I watched a YouTube on the subject of the variegated monstera and the lady was saying the more expensive ones that people are paying thousands for are just a freak of nature and will eventually turn to plain green where the one I bought has The variegation breed into it.

1996E422-2BD7-4D0D-991D-CB149D3D9758.jpeg
LOOK at this tiny cutting on eBay ...that’s the one that is more likely to turn green then It will be worth maybe $20......$30 ;)

Last edited:
This is my Variegated Thai consultation version of the plant called a Monstera ,sometimes called a Swiss cheese plant.
The ones that look the same but bring big money are called Albo as in photo above .....I’m happy to settle for the cheaper version I know will always be variegated...and not turn to plain green after a while 06B615B5-6D03-4E62-BD7C-EA0A5A6A371F.jpeg

WOW Kadee! I've ever heard of a variegated Monstera before.

I had a regular one and it became huge; had to stake it yet, it still grew out into the room and up.

When I bought my condo, I had to give it away. I had no room for it :cry:

@RadishRose if you want to look at the crazy prices people are paying ...just put variegated monstera into eBay search tool

I had a plain green one years ago in Adelaide it got so big I could have built a tree house in it :):)

It’s just staring to get a little warmer here as we get closer to spring .
I thought I’d lost this begonia but a new shoot has popped up ..
Most of my begonias are known as rhizomatous ( some think they are Rex ) but they are not Rex
as Rex die down in Winter but mine don‘t
24041093-3596-4DF4-843F-DFD5F88E5142.jpeg

This one is a cane begonia I l love the variegated leaves of this one
This one can grow up to 6 ft tall
FAB461A1-D2D1-4698-B0C2-235B6393878F.jpeg

Back