Poll-Ladies and Gentlemen: Do You Wear Make-Up?

Do you wear make-up and how often? Multiple choice.

• I wear make-up to work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I'm curious about how many older folks wear make-up and how often. I'm also curious about what kind of make-up you wear-like mascara, or lipstick, etc.

Please answer poll question-I will make it for multiple votes per person.

I've never been much of a makeup wearer and now that I'm an old lady, there's not much use gilding the lily.

I stroke on a little brow powder because my eyebrows have gotten sparse and a touch of colored lip gloss on occasion (not much use lately when the bottom half of my face is covered in public.) That's it for makeup.
I use brow powder at times also. My eyebrows are nearly non-existent now a days.

Have never worn make up. :)
The only thing I do is spray a little aftershave if I am going out somewhere special.
I bought a 100 ml bottle of Body Kouros at least 25 years ago.
There is still three quarters of it left. Showing I rarely go out to social events :)
I bet that cologne smells nice. I have several bottles of perfume. I like to spray it on just because it smells good 😊👍

What brands make ups do you purchase?
Well, to name a few:
I also check product ingredients, and run anything questionable (according to me - LOL) through the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep® database at https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. That includes products from the above-linked companies. The reason is that, as last I checked, the rules/regulations for makeup don't require that that they be very "clean" at all.

I also use coconut oil to remove mascara.

Hope that helps!

Well, to name a few:
I also check product ingredients, and run anything questionable (according to me - LOL) through the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep® database at https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/. That includes products from the above-linked companies. The reason is that, as last I checked, the rules/regulations for makeup don't require that that they be very "clean" at all.

I also use coconut oil to remove mascara.

Hope that helps!
Yes, it helps, thanks. I have not checked out the products I use but should.

I've never worn make up on my skin, just my eyes, starting as a teen. I usually wore powdered eye shadow in muted natural tones of brown or green, my eyes are hazel. I also used a black pencil to line underneath my lower lashes, and black mascara. I never really cared to wear lipstick, although a few times when dressing up, I'd put on a pale shade of pink or something.

Since I've retired, I haven't worn very much eye makeup at all, I imagine if I went somewhere special I might in a limited way, but it's been a long time. Now that my eyesight is dimming, it might be a challenge to put it on the way I used to. I also have seasonal allergies that make my eyes itch and water at times, use eye drops twice a day. So having something like mascara on isn't worth it, it will smear or run. I never wore makeup when we were out on camping trips, and it was a nice break, very easy.

Back