Portable Oxygen Concentrators

Marie5656

My husband's respiratory team and doctor are telling him he will more than likely be on oxygen when he comes home. We were talking about those portable oxygen concentrations they talk about on TV. We would, of course as if they would be a viable alternative to the tanks and machine.
Has anyone had experience with them? Just looking for real world experiences. I looked into them a little. I guess the run on a battery pack when out, and can be plugged in at home.
I have just started reading about them so do not know a lot yet.

My mom who died of emphysema 2 years ago had one and it was great...no problems with it.

she did have two other types....one big one in her bedroom that she used during the night and she also had a smaller canister type.

I think her insurance covered it.

She could even take the small battery operated one on a plane but you do have to tell the airline in advance.

Maybe some good news. Rick found out today that if they do send him home on Oxygen, it is possible it will not have to be permanent. He is doing that much better. A cool thing, I took today off from visiting him because I had some personal business to take care of. Any way, not long after I got home, I got a call from the Physicians Assistant on his team to bring me up to date on how he is doing.
He will more than likely have to go to a rehab center for a couple weeks before coming home. But, he IS doing better. And that is a relief.

I bought an Imogen concentrator with an extra double battery. You can get either an over the shoulder carrier, or a backpack carrier. We bought both.
They are not cheap, but what is your life worth?

Back