Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

I first met Stubs the day after I assumed command of a Navy Station in South Korea. I was sitting in my office trying to get a handle on the tasks ahead of me when this dog popped in and took the chair across from my desk. Giving me a look that clearly said "so you're the new guy!"

Navy Regulations don't authorize dogs in our offices or living spaces, but I was soon to find out that Stubs (see the cropped tail) was something of a local legend and a key player in the morale of my Sailors and Marines. He lived in the barracks where he alternated between the women's wing, the men's wing and the Marine wing. He ate in our club where his meals were catered. He officiated at all sporting events, and he was apparently in charge of keeping the Commanding Officer in line. I fell in line pretty quickly. Navy Regulations can give way to common sense, don't mess with success.

He was a very smart dog, but I learned that he was a "two timer" when I spotted him way over on the Army side of the base where he was getting fed by an Army Captain who called him by another name. That rascal!

I asked my sailors if Stubs crossed the aircraft runways or walked around the 6 mile perimeter road. They laughed and told me that Stubs took the base bus just like everybody. Here is Stubs the two timer:

Stubs The Navy Dog.JPG

couple-boat-henley-HD.jpg
just a random couple on their boat as we sailed past in ours...

This photo is my current favourite of the many thousands I've taken...

We were at the beach , where my husband was born and raised, and about 40 minutes from here , and had walked along.. away from the popular beach area and the crowds of sunbathers .. to where the cockle shell sheds, and fisherman's nets lay drying , and old boats lay , and there in front of us , dressed in the clothing ( don't ask me why)..of a Victorian urchin , in braces and flat cap , complete with old fashioned picnic hamper and old fashioned bike with a butchers' boy basket on the front, was a guy proposing to his girlfriend over a picnic.. .. ..how could I resist ?...it was just the cutest scene in the world... :giggle:

old-leigh-couple-picnic.jpg
I hope she said yes

If any offensive pictures or messages appear in my replies, please accept my apologies. It seems I've been hacked.
This is the quote with your photo.. This is my favorite photo of those I took in 2019. It's a picture of Sam York of the group Public Practice at a show in London. I took it with a Canon SX280 compact camera and think it was a lucky shot. I haven't done any editing or modifications, this is the photo straight from the memory stick.

Don't panic, I've searched back and it seeems you've somehow inadvertently copied and pasted the very first picture and quote from asp3 on this thread.. from the first page of the thread ..I don't know how, but at least you know you haven't been hacked

Have a look at this link..this is what is showing in your picture...

https://www.seniorforums.com/thread...u-took-max-1-per-day-with-some-details.48974/

Last edited:
This is the quote with your photo.. This is my favorite photo of those I took in 2019. It's a picture of Sam York of the group Public Practice at a show in London. I took it with a Canon SX280 compact camera and think it was a lucky shot. I haven't done any editing or modifications, this is the photo straight from the memory stick.

Don't panic, I've searched back and it seeems you've somehow inadvertently copied and pasted the very first picture and quote from asp3 on this thread.. from the first page of the thread ..I don't know how, but at least you know you haven't been hacked

Have a look at this link..this is what is showing in your picture...

https://www.seniorforums.com/thread...u-took-max-1-per-day-with-some-details.48974/
Thanks hollydolly! Wow I sure messed up that attempt to share

Back