Post one favorite photo you took (max 1 per day) with some details.

Wow! Terrific menu .. and very reasonable service charge. Now I want Chinese food :)
The prices quoted are in pounds. 1.70 Canadian dollar 1.22 U.S. Dollar but I still would pay for the choice and experience. We were regulars at a Chinese restaurant and the owner came over and offered to select a different order from what we regularly ordered. He said if we didn't like it, we didn't have to pay. We took him up on it and enjoyed stuff we never tried before.

The prices quoted are in pounds. 1.70 Canadian dollar 1.22 U.S. Dollar but I still would pay for the choice and experience. We were regulars at a Chinese restaurant and the owner came over and offered to select a different order from what we regularly ordered. He said if we didn't like it, we didn't have to pay. We took him up on it and enjoyed stuff we never tried before.
We had a similar experience years ago when we lived went to a Chinese restaurant in Fort Erie. The manager wanted us to try a couple of new dishes. There was one dish I re-created .. minced beef mixed with tofu and spring onions & soy sauce, then made into meatballs.

We generally tip 20%, so those U.K. prices don't seem high to me.

Do remember tho' these are very reasonable prices for one of the most expensive cities in the world... :)

We had a similar experience years ago when we lived went to a Chinese restaurant in Fort Erie. The manager wanted us to try a couple of new dishes. There was one dish I re-created .. minced beef mixed with tofu and spring onions & soy sauce, then made into meatballs.

We generally tip 20%, so those U.K. prices don't seem high to me.
...and also remember that here in the UK , altho it's a nice gesture you are under no pressure in any way to leave a tip...but around 10 % is the norm if you do... :)

...and also remember that here in the UK , altho it's a nice gesture you are under no pressure in any way to leave a tip...but around 10 % is the norm if you do... :)
Those prices are on a par with Toronto .. and uptown prices are higher.
I couldn't get used to not leaving a tip when I lived in Australia.

Those prices are on a par with Toronto .. and uptown prices are higher.
I couldn't get used to not leaving a tip when I lived in Australia.
We always leave a tip as long as the service has not been awful.. but like Oz there's no requirement to leave a tip because our waiting staff get paid proper wages.. and with their tips on top, many are doing very well financially, but the good thing is that unlike the USA or other places they don't have to rely on tips to make a living wage..

Last edited:
The London tube at going home time one day last summer ...pre pandemic... how wonderfully happy everyone looks.. :LOL:

Tube-HD.jpg

We noticed similar yet even less enthusiastic facial expressions when we were riding the Metro in Paris. We came up with a new word that seemed to fit the emotional state behind their expressions, melandour, a combination of melancholy and dour.

Here's a favorite photo of my favorite grape, Zinfandel. This was taken with my Kodak Z650 when I was on a vineyard tour in the Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma County, California. It was part of a ZAP (Zinfandel Advocates and Producers) wine event. It was very cool to hear the vineyard masters talk about how they grew the grapes and other things about running a vineyard. The grapes are on an old vine that was 50 or more years old according to my memory but I could be wrong. The photo was taken in 2009.

100_2463.JPG

I'm still waiting to see a Mandarin duck! Several times my grandson and I went to Grange-over-Sands where they are supposed to be in the local park but no joy, unfortunately. Beautiful looking bird.

Back