Potato Chips - what's your pleasure?

applecruncher

SF VIP
I like Ruffles, Mike Sells, and Kroger has a very good variety of chips for less than half price of brand names.
I prefer wavy or rippled.
Lays has a really tasty salt & vinegar chip....also dill pickle flavor.....mmmm....but both are very strong.
I hate sour cream and I hate cheddar cheese, but I like Ruffles sour cream & cheddar chips (go figure).

I rarely dip...usually eat plain.

And I never double dip!

walkers mixed bags crisps ……..
smiths blue bag ...crisps
pringles sea salt crisps
walkers marmite ...crisps
sea brookes -hot n spicey crisps

Got none now. Used to be Jones Potato Chips (Mansfield, Ohio). Then they outlawed those pesky trans fats and the company had to convert to fully hydrogenated oils. Lost that special taste. Sigh. Now its all "ho-hum" chips across the board.

Grandma Utz handcooked chips was always my favs but they're way too salty for me nowadays...and when I start on a bag, I cant stop...bad for keeping the high cholesterol lower :(
00041780001276_a1a3_900_900.jpg

Applecruncher:
Chips are dangerous for those of us with diabetes, hypertension and 7,000 other medical problems, but they are tasty, tasty, tasty.
Uh hm good!
Fritos are holding, difficult to find a cheap generic brand,: Drat's

Twice a year, for a Memorial Day picnic and New Year's Eve., I buy a bag of the cheapest chips I can find usually it's Utz Ripples plain or sour cream and onion.

I really enjoy them smashed into a tuna fish sandwich on plain old white bread.

I like a sturdy chip, Lays is a bit thin/flimsy.
However, not a big fan of kettle chips.

Heard people say they put potato chips on ice cream. WHAT? I can't even imagine.

Back in the olden days when I could indulge without guilt I loved Lays Salt & Vinegar. Nowadays, I don't bring in house because a bag in house is a bag eaten as I'm a fool for a salty crunchy experience.

Unfortunately, I love all chips!:) A friend recently introduced me to the Baked Chips and I was surprised that they were actually good! But, as I said....I love them all.

Back