King Charles III, his fascinating life

19 JUL 2022

"The Prince of Wales says humanity has “lived off nature’s capital, without understanding we need to live off her income” in a speech at a farm in Cornwall."

"Charles visited Trefranck Farm, near Launceston, on Tuesday, which was hosting the 10th anniversary of the Innovative Farmers initiative."
71589c3852e935d30ade300c7c84ee07Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjU4MzI0NTgx-2.67954403.jpg

Charles chats with Helen Browning, Group CEO Soil Association, as they walk through herbal leys as he attends the Innovative Farmers 10th anniversary at Trefranck Farm (Andrew Matthews/PA)

20 JUL 2022

Prince Charles at Torre Abbey Grounds
0_WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-20-at-112150-AM-1jpeg.jpg

Prince Charles in Torquay (Image: Devon Live/Frankie Mills)
0_WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-20-at-112150-AMjpeg.jpg

"The country's longest service coastguard, Keith Dare-Williams from Plymouth, says he is 'overwhelmed' today as he is about to receive Queens Platinum Jubilee medal from Prince Charles. Keith is the UK’s most decorated coastguard and already has MBE Silver and Gold Jubilee medals."
0_WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-20-at-105657-AMjpeg.jpg

@Meanderer Thought you might enjoy these photos from 1986 in Prince George, BC. They were there for Expo86. My friend got to shake their hands.

Attachments

• 44881344-BF63-48AA-BC9E-5327F34D8AA8.jpeg
    44881344-BF63-48AA-BC9E-5327F34D8AA8.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
  • A95A28CB-E8FE-4802-AFFA-9E3AEAEA211B.jpeg
    A95A28CB-E8FE-4802-AFFA-9E3AEAEA211B.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
Charles' Quotes on Architecture
Gareth Jones
British-born, Canadian-raised

"I rather like Charles. Obviously, he has to keep some of his opinions to himself, but when the robe slips a little, he’s got a way of combining good humour with on-point invective."

"For example, he didn’t like the plan for a modern and characterless architectural addition to the National Gallery and called it "a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend.”

"Then there was a redevelopment of Paternoster Square, of which he said,
'You have to give this much to the Luftwaffe. When it knocked down our buildings, it didn't replace them with anything more offensive than rubble.' Ooooh! Can you imagine the architects’ faces at that dinner?"

The Unlikely Watch Collector: Prince Charles 05/01/2020

The Prince of Wales, the current heir to the throne has long been wont to measure the passing time on many an elegant dial.

His current preference: the Parmigiani Fleurier Toric chronograph
parmigiani_fleurier_on_prince_charles-.jpg
parmigiani-3.jpg

prince_charles.jpg

"As a collector and aesthete, Prince Charles takes great care in choosing his watches, matching them to his outfits with great discretion and discernment." (Read More)

Last edited:
Royal Family: The Queen's sad confession about the 'irritating' way people behave at parties around her

"As the leading member of the Royal Family, it's hard to imagine how tricky and sometimes difficult Queen Elizabeth's job is."

"According to a royal expert, Adam Heliker reported to The Mirror that the Queen once confessed to a royal aide about how it feels for her to arrive at any party."

AA11nRnz.img

He said: "She talked about how irritating it was to go into a party and as she put it, watch people peel away, like the water parting as the bow of a ship ploughed through it."

Adam continued: "She said she always felt it would be lovely to just slip into a party, wandering around incognito, talking to anyone she felt like. But the thing that most irritated her was the 'inevitable hush' that always greeted her when they saw her walking in."
...yep that would be annoying, and then everyone is on their best behaviour, and all she wants is a bit of juicy gossip...:ROFLMAO:

Today at Braemar Games Charles and Camilla with Princess Anne, arrive.... The Queen is currently living at Balmoral Castle in Scotland just 7 miles away , yet she's too poorly to attend the games which she loves. ...bit of a concern, because she only has to sit and watch the games, no other effort involved..

62022587-11175963-image-a-48_1662214866777.jpg

62021193-11175963-image-a-22_1662209395838.jpg

62023091-11175963-image-a-63_1662216655574.jpg

The queen hasn't been seen at any public duty since July 15th

She is not too poorly, she simply has serious mobility problems and I suspect she's too damned independent to use a power chair!

I have mobility problems myself and I couldn't even get across my front yard to the gate without using a mobility chair, let alone get into and out of a limo, when is fathers health goes I'm perfectly healthy.

She is not too poorly, she simply has serious mobility problems and I suspect she's too damned independent to use a power chair!

I have mobility problems myself and I couldn't even get across my front yard to the gate without using a mobility chair, let alone get into and out of a limo, when is fathers health goes I'm perfectly healthy.
and you think that doesn't make someone poorly? ...let's see if she dies from Mobility problems shall we ?

Back