King Charles III, his fascinating life

The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for COVID-19, Clarence House has said.

Camilla, 74, caught the virus for the first time just days after her husband the Prince of Wales caught it a second time.

A Clarence House spokesman said on Monday: "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating.

"We continue to follow government guidelines."

Both Charles and Camilla have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shot.

I thought she couldn't attend the wedding was because the queen, being head of the Church of England, is supposed to uphold the rules of the church,,,, in this case, no divorce or marrying divorced people.

That's what I read back then.

I know back then the queen didn't like Camilla, but I hear now she likes her.
That's why w broke away from Catholicism, so that the monarch could be head of the church.

She makes the rules, she appoints the archbishops, she is the one anointed by God.

She went to Anne's second wedding, why not Charles'?

The reason she gave for not attending was that she wanted to be there to welcome them when they arrived back.

There's not a groom's mother in the world who would believe such a fatuous remark

This is an interesting thread, and it has taught me a little about myself.

I have always said, and believed, that I did not care much about royalty or Royals. However I find myself coming back here and commenting a lot. So something about all this attracts me.

I do still believe the Royals (any Royals) are just normal people born to abnormal circumstances. It doesn't surprise me to see some of them not showing very well. But in all honesty wouldn't a lot of men be tempted by young available girls? I'd like to think I would not, but never having had the experience I don't really know. As to the Queen, she seems a nice lady to me, but her greatest attribute appears to be her silence and willingness to only occasionally read statements prepared by others.

I guess these people give us folks to talk about we all know, or know a little about. Interesting anyway...

This year's Chinese New Years Celebration ended yesterday.

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Ring in the Year of the Tiger in London's Chinatown

iu

The royal couple were greeted by dancing tigers at the Lunar New Year celebration

There was a documentary in the late 60's filming the Royal Family informally for a year. It was interesting and fun to watch, but the Queen has never allowed it to be released again as she feels it cheapens the family, which is a hoot, considering. But, in the film there is a segment where Edward is in a room with Charles and his cello. Charles was in University at that time but home for a spell. Edward, who is about 4 or 5 keeps looking at the cello and then at Charles until Charles finally tells him to go ahead and touch it. Well, Edward just plucks one string and jumps back like he'd been struck. It was adorable and Charles laughed like mad. There's another picture with him toting Edward around on a motorized cart. So, I guess Charles was fairly fond of his little brother back then. article-1083787-02625807000005DC-198_468x536.jpgPrince-Charles-and-Prince-Edward-relationship-2757206.jpgPrince-Charles-and-Prince-Edward-relationship-2757206.jpg

Prince Charles is planning a scaled-down coronation.
prince-charles.jpg

Prince Charles - Cardiff Wales May 2021

"The 73-year-old royal will be crowned King of England after his mother Queen Elizabeth, 95, dies and Charles is planning a “shorter and cheaper” ceremony for his coronation, which will also see his wife Duchess Camilla named as Queen Consort."

"A source told The Mail On Sunday newspaper: “[The ceremony] will be shorter, sooner, smaller, less expensive and more representative of different community groups and faiths."

“It will be a slimmed-down monarchy on display throughout. I wouldn’t be surprised to see just Charles and Camilla, Kate [Duchess Catherine] and [Prince] William and their children on the Buckingham Palace balcony afterwards.”

"The ceremony — codename Operation Golden Orb — will take place at Westminster Abbey and will be held within one year of Charles’ accession."
His mother is still alive in case he hadn't noticed.

I believe the Queen can give up the throne, if she so chooses. At 95, I’d be ready to go and let Charles take over.
She can't.

We don't do abdications. The last time it happened it nearly brought the monarchy down, it was only saved by the strength of character of Elizabeth of Glamis, and they won't want to risk that. again.

The only one of the current crop with that sort of resolution is Catherine, but at the moment I think she is still a little too far from the centre to be a reckonable influence, but she's good, and getting better, no doubt about that.

Even if a sovereign is totally unfit to rule we appoint a Regent. So far as I can recall from my British history we have never had two living monarchs, other than a dual regnancy,, except when they've been making war on each other.

The Dutch use abdication as a normal part of the constitution, but it is not very usual elsewhere.

Prince Charles commissions portraits of seven Holocaust survivors (Video)
iu

1/27/2022 "To commemorate International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Britain’s Prince Charles commissioned portraits of some of the U.K.’s last remaining Holocaust survivors. The exhibition, called “Seven Portraits: Surviving the Holocaust,” serves as a “powerful testament” to the harrowing experiences the survivors endured in Nazi concentration camps, said the prince." (Read More)

"2019 Cape Town – To commemorate the 50th anniversary of The Prince of Wales' investiture a new portrait of the heir to the throne has been released."
3246c32480c24c5689c81671acf8c1d0.jpg

iu

"His Royal Highness became The Prince of Wales at the age of nine but was formally invested when he was 20 in 1969."

Last edited:
He is not the Prince of Wales, who, a direct descendant of Llewellyn, really lives in a modest house in the suburbs of Chester. Charles is a foreign usurper installed by military aggression and subjugation.

His investiture took place in one of the very fortresses used to subdue the indigenous population.

That is why I, and tens of thousands of my Welsh compatriots, will not set foot over the threshold of the hated symbol of Caernarfon Castle.

It is no coincidence that in Scotland his official title is Duke of Rothesay. Only the English call him Prince of Wales

Prince Charles and Daniel Craig on the set of ‘Bond 25’
Prince-Charles-James-Bond-2-696x442.jpg

“They loved the buzz around the Queen’s appearance alongside Daniel Craig and think Charles could top even that,” the source says. “He is the epitome of everything British, perfect for a cameo role and Bond fans worldwide would absolutely love it.”

Back