Puff Pastry Appetizers

After looking at these recipes, they all look great and I’d be happy to dine on any of them. She’s an interesting woman. She’s Polish & lives in Austria. Her English is excellent. I’d really be going down a rabbit hole if I looked beyond these appies.

My ex, Ann, was a pastry chef at the Union Square Cafe in NYC. She could really cook. She talked about puff pastry a lot. I think it is a big thing in culinary circles. Like you have to have some kind of mastery with making puff pastry....otherwise the other chefs really look down on you.

Al Pacino came in once. Ann has this chocolate decadence dessert. Al Pacino had it, loved it. Called for the chef to come out from the kitchen. Thanked Ann profusely. Real gentleman...all class.

Oh, Ann could really cook. She would take something like 5 hours to cook soup. And she would make a vegetable...something simple like green beans. And you would think it was some kind of gourmet meal.

The professional cooks really have a way to bring out the rich flavors of food. Was quite an experience. I really never knew that food could taste that good.

Back