Question for Trila

Blessed

@Trila ,I have read your posts. You often talk of "the rink" I would like to know more. Do you roller or ice skate? Is this a family business?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trila ,I have read your posts. You often talk of "the rink" I would like to know more. Do you roller or ice skate? Is this a family business?
Hello again @Blessed
I roller skate. Or, I did until I fell on July 9th and broke my wrist! The cast just came off a few days ago....yea! I won't be skating again for quite a while, but I will get back to it eventually! 😁 Actually I'm at the rink right now. I'm working in the snack bar for a private b-day party.

I thought that I had written about the roller rink in the Diary section, but I don't see it there. I'll have to get back to you on that. Thanks for taking an interest! 💗

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but this should be a link to the FB page.....
https://m.facebook.com/groups/176475809050779/?tsid=0.7941854894855607&source=result

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of fun. Have not skated, roller or ice in a long time. Now that I have a brand new shiny hip, I would be afraid to fall. I think is it a fun hobby!! Be careful, I saw you have the cast off. I know that makes you feel better.

Looks like a fun rink. The kind I grew up with. Not many of them left around here. We had one and right beside it a good old fashioned bowling alley. I guess they fell out of fashion with the development of all the tech things kids do today. We lost ours to development. We now have a strip center with a Neighborhood Walmart. The store is a nice thing to have but I would rather have the rink and alley.

Spent a lot of time there as a kid. We were lucky to have it until my son was grown so he got to have the same experience.

The oldest one in the small town I grew up in was not even a building. It was like on a pier and beam foundation. Walls went half way up then there were tarps that would be rolled up and tied to the roof. It was the only one I had ever seen like that.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have not skated, roller or ice in a long time. Now that I have a brand new shiny hip, I would be afraid to fall. I think is it a fun hobby!! Be careful, I saw you have the cast off. I know that makes you feel better.
I am thrilled to have the cast off, but I'm sooooo weak! Today was exhausting for me, and my wrist is telling me that it has had enough for one day! 😁

@Blessed
I found a blog about my roller skating, that I wrote on the other forum that I belong to. It was written just over a year ago....

ROLLER SKATING​

September 30, 2021 at 3:34pm

Ever since I was a little girl, I love to roller skate! As kids, Dio and I skated at the same rink...it's where we had our first date! Now, so many years later, we both still love to skate. We even volunteer at a roller rink, and go at least once a week, usually twice (or more)!

The rink that we go to is 80 miles away (one way) in Branson, MO. We take the scenic route, through the Ozark Mountains, stop for cappuccino, etc....and it takes about 2 hrs to get there. It's a nice part of our day out.

The rink is open to the public Friday and Saturday nights, but because of the long drive, we are never there at that time. In the winter we try to avoid driving at night when we can....it seems like Bambi (deer) is everywhere, waiting to run out in front of us! Other than those 2 nights, the rink is also open to the public on Saturday afternoons (2-4).....that is our time slot. I work in the snack bar, and Dio is the deejay. The rink also does a lot of private parties. On Sundays there are b-day parties and/or church parties, and during the week there are sometimes school parties. Dio & I work any private party that is in the morning or afternoon. We have so much fun!

We are good friends with the owner of the rink, and we help them out with running the operation. We also get to skate whenever we want. We usually leave the house around 8:00-8:30 in the morning and get there around 10:00-10:30. That is my time to skate. Dio puts on my playlist, and I have the whole rink to myself!!! (knowing the deejay has it's advantages) It is sooooo awesome!! By the time that the owner gets there (1:00ish) we have everything set up and ready for the session. Of course, if there is a private party in the morning, then all off the above mentioned time frames get moved up.

Right now business is a little slow for the summer....lots of other things to do in Branson! LOL We are at the rink every Sat, most Sundays, and a few weekdays.

I am also the administrator for the rinks facebook page. Unfortunately, there are two fb pages, and we can't delete the wrong one (long story). The correct fb page is:
skateworld (branson, mo)

I have always said: When Dio and I met, our very first date was at a roller rink. As the years go by, our very last date will also be at a roller rink also! ❤

I think it is so wonderful that you both share such a joy and passion for the same activity. I married my high school sweetheart. Most of our activities were family related, weddings, parties, travel, going to the lake. I still got to skate when my son got old enough!!

I think it is so wonderful that you both share such a joy and passion for the same activity. I married my high school sweetheart. Most of our activities were family related, weddings, parties, travel, going to the lake. I still got to skate when my son got old enough!!
Even though I won't be skating again for some time, I love the environment of the rink! Dio and I never had any kids, so we get our interaction with them at the rink....and they are so adorable!

People who always hung out at the roller rinks were called "Rink Rats!" That's us!! 🛼

Did that link to the FB page work?

Even though I won't be skating again for some time, I love the environment of the rink! Dio and I never had any kids, so we get our interaction with them at the rink....and they are so adorable!

People who always hung out at the roller rinks were called "Rink Rats!" That's us!! 🛼

Did that link to the FB page work?
Yes it works, I then went to the website, I think I was on the right one! That is what reminded me of our old city rink.

@Trila and @Blessed I really enjoyed your posts and thank you for sharing with us.

I used to love roller skating but it was many years ago. About 5 years ago I attempted to take it up again but kept falling down. I am too out of shape for it now but if I EVER get in shape again I'll attempt it again. I used to love it!

@Trila and @Blessed I really enjoyed your posts and thank you for sharing with us.

I used to love roller skating but it was many years ago. About 5 years ago I attempted to take it up again but kept falling down. I am too out of shape for it now but if I EVER get in shape again I'll attempt it again. I used to love it!
@Ruthanne Once again, I love finding someone who shares my interest in skating! 💗

Please check out the FB page (we have "trainers"! LOL)....I invite anyone who is interested, to join our FB group! 🛼

Back