Questions for our Ohio boy

My love is like a red red rose that's newly sprung in June. 😀

Oh I have been to many historical places in Ohio. Do not really have a favorite. I loved the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta. Have toured R.B. Hayes home in Freemont, Garfield's home in Mentor, Warren Hardings home in Marion. Have been to all 5 President's burial sites in Ohio. Many other sites also. Ohio is an excellent tourist destination

Sounds like you have a thing for historical places and that's 😎 cool! Also have you been to any concerts in Ohio or anywhere really?

Have not been to a concert in about 5 years. Remember the old Front Row Theatre in Highland Heights? Been closed many years. I probably went to ten events there, including seeing Bob Hope.
I have been to Front Row Theater. Didn’t the stage revolve? In fact, we saw Elvis there. I was/am no Elvis fan, but my wife was/is. I also been to the Coliseum before they tore it down. Nick Miletti had a good idea, but I agree with most people. He built it too far from Cleveland. Now, I have been to the new stadium, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and all over Cleveland.

I lived in Mentor for a very short period, but only have driven past Garfield’s home. Also been to Geauga Lake and Sea World. My aunt and uncle lived in Chardon, so I spent a lot of summers out there when we vacationed. Went to Hiram College to watch the Browns training camp. My uncle owned a large Buick dealership in Cleveland and sold cars to many of the Browns, including Blanton Collier, Paul Warfield, Chip Glass and others, plus some of the Indians (Guardians). He invited them all out to his home for a huge cookout during the summer.

Back then, my favorite Indian was Duane Kuiper. He was so funny. Had me in tears with some of his jokes. I was a pretty good baseball player myself and was invited to camp by the Dodgers, but turned it down. It would have been a waste of time. I was never going to make it to the Show, as they call it. The Show means the big leagues. I was in Hiram last summer. It looked like a different town from what I remember.

Yes, the stage revolved. Elvis was there? I wonder why he was at such a small venue? You mentioned the Coliseum. He usually played at large capacity places. My sister saw him there. Saw the Bee Gees there in 79, and others over the years, including the Circus.

Geauga Lake park and Sea World have long been closed.

Garfield's wife Lucy, was nicknamed "Lemonade Lucy", due to the fact she did not permit alcohol in the WH.

Back