go in the next week or so.

This is a disgraceful event to release somebody who waited
3 years between offences, in my opinion he will surely offend
again after 33 years.

Maybe to make parole boards more responsible and really
look into a case, their contracts should include, "when you
release a serious offender, who then offends again, then you
will be required to spend some time in Prison for neglect of
your brief/duty, by releasing a habitual criminal"!

Something needs to be done when a government department
refuses to listen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/p...nment-fails-bid-double-child-killer-bars.html

Mike.

In the U.S. Parole at the federal level has been abolished. As for State Parole Board members, a form of quasi-judicial immunity shields them from civil liability for their official decisions.

Well, there is no guarantee that anybody in this forum will not murder someone. Nobody knows the future. That being said, Pitchfork has been out of prison since 2017, on unsupervised days passes, without incident. Of course, I don't know the guy, So I can't say what state of health he's in, nor his mental status. But people with mental health issues seem to "age out", especially in their 50s & 60s . i believe he's over 60. We have to trust the people, who evaluated him for release. And we don't know his present circumstances. Outside of revenge, I don't know what is gained in keeping him confined, if he doesn't need to be. You are not going to bring back his victims, and keeping him in prison is costing us the equivalent of an all expense paid Harvard education each year.

Don't be so unkind to the poor man.

I expect he had a dreadful childhood and those two 15 year old schoolgirls must have led him on something dreadful.

He just needs some help with his problem, like castration.

Our parole board made a terrible mistake.

Adrian Bayley was on parole when he murdered Jill Meagher in a Brunswick laneway.

bailey.jpg

The parole board admitted it should have cancelled his parole after he pleaded guilty to an assault in Geelong, seven months before Meagher's murder.

jill.jpg

Irish journalist Jill Meagher, who moved to Australia to start a new life, was raped three times before she was murdered and left in a shallow grave, a court was told.

Attachments

• Resized_20210609_151457 (1).jpeg
    Resized_20210609_151457 (1).jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1
  • bailey.jpg
    bailey.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
This is a disgraceful event to release somebody who waited
3 years between offences, in my opinion he will surely offend
again after 33 years.
I agree, even if the odds of his reoffending are low releasing people like this is just not worth the risk. They should lose the right to ever be free again. I think this kind of thing is part of why folks still support the death penalty here, makes release less likely...

He has had 30+ years to practice fooling the parole board,
just play act that he is a goodie, goodie, how many take up
a religion while in prison, just fool the Parole People.

They have sentenced some young girl somewhere, I fear, but
I hope that I am wrong.

Mike.

In the U.S. Parole at the federal level has been abolished. As for State Parole Board members, a form of quasi-judicial immunity shields them from civil liability for their official decisions.

Call me an old fogey, but IMHO there are certain crimes for which parole should never be allowed, especially when the offender has more than once committed a violent crime. I know parole is sort of built in to most state sentences, but I think we'd be safer if it were not.

Call me an old fogey, but IMHO there are certain crimes for which parole should never be allowed, especially when the offender has more than once committed a violent crime. I know parole is sort of built in to most state sentences, but I think we'd be safer if it were not.
Agree, you Murder, you do a minimum of 50 years, and that's being generous. Also the SC ruled there is no death penalty for rape, so throw away the key for those venemous vultures.

So you thought that things couldn't get any worse!

Because of some loophole, he will not be put on the
Sex Offenders Register!

This means that he will be able to go where he likes
in this country without telling anybody, this is very
bad.

The Parole Board who decided to release him should
be named and shamed.

Mike.

Victims seem to be forgotten in the process after a year or so. Emphasis on rehabilitation for the perpetrator and making them a good citizen. No way this chap should be walking the streets after these crimes. I'm not a fan of the death sentence but there is something to be said for the penalty being equal to the crime. And in cases like this for someone who sounds like a pyschopath hard to see letting him in the community helps anyone.

I have a friend whose 19 yr old son was killed by a 4 time repeat drunk driver a year ago. Just sentenced to 9.5 years less time served for the death of a kid. family suffering terribly still while this joker gets 3 meals a day and can increase his education on the gov'ts dime

Back