Rapper Coolio Dead at 59

Tish

SF VIP

Rest in Paradise​

Coolio was best known for his hit songs Gangsta’s Paradise, Fantastic Voyage, and It’s All The Way Live.

Born in Monessen, Pennsylvania south of Pittsburgh, Coolio later moved to Compton, California, where he went to community college.

He went on to volunteer as a firefighter and in airport security before focusing on the hip-hop scene.

The record producer rose to fame in the mid-1990s when his song Gangsta’s Paradise was featured in the Michelle Pfeiffer movie Dangerous Minds.

Full Story

May he rest in peace, he was about the only rapper I liked.

I have never heard of him. Maybe because I'm not into rap. However, over the years, it seems that most rapers die young. Most get shot. I don't mean to be insensitive but at 59, I think that is really old for rapers. He seemed to have beaten the odds.

Here in Canada we had an actor dead at 32. Another guy died at age 45 when his motorcycle hit some slippery stretch and his motorcycle fell down and hit a truck. Life is short for some folks.

If you are in your "Golden Years" you are fortunate. However, it's debatable how "Golden" those "Golden" years are.

Would I be a Philistine if I said that I have never heard of him?
No. It would mean that you missed out on a talented man whose biggest hit, "Gansta's Paradise" described the cycle of pain, hopelessness, futility and self-destruction common among inner city gangsters during the 1990s.

Gangsta's Paradise (official version) by Coolio. It's a four minute watch. If the UK's YouTube doesn't honor my link, search your YouTube for it, making sure to choose the official version that displays the lyrics.

No. It would mean that you missed out on a talented man whose biggest hit, "Gansta's Paradise" described the cycle of pain, hopelessness, futility and self-destruction common among inner city gangsters during the 1990s.

Gangsta's Paradise (official version) by Coolio. It's a four minute watch. If the UK's YouTube doesn't honor my link, search your YouTube for it, making sure to choose the official version that displays the lyrics.
Thank you for going to the trouble of looking that up. Sorry I cannot listen to it at present, the sound has been down on my computer for some time, but as I rarely use sound I haven't bothered getting it seen to.

Back