Rate Your Mobile Phone

Chet

My first phone was an Alcatel One Touch with Tracfone. It was 3G and I was completely happy with it. It became unusable with the switch to 5G so I ended up getting an Alcatel My Flip which is 4G. I don’t like it. It’s larger and heavier and I get less bars than I did with the One Touch.

I’m shopping for another. What do you have and are you happy with it?

I had a simple Alcatel phone for years with a Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan and was happy with both the phone and the service.

Virgin Mobile sold my account to Boost Wireless. I was unhappy when Boost confiscated my account balance due to a lack of purchase activity.

I took the leap to an iPhone 11 with a plan through Consumer Cellular and have been very pleased with both the phone and the phone plan.

I understand that is a pretty drastic change but it gave me a backup device to access my banking, investments, bill paying, shopping and so much more in the event that my computer is unavailable.

Now I'm wondering if I really need the computer. :unsure:

I'm using my Tracfone I bought about 6mos ago. It's an LG something? Less than $100.
It's perfect for me wth the texting, calling and pictures I use it for.

I buy the 120mins card and then they triple the minutes.

The speaker is out on my phone, probably because I drop it so much. Considering my use is only for calls and some texting, I guess I'll purchase another simple one like I have now. For pictures, I have a small polaroid.

Mine is a MotoGStylo by Motorola. I like it for the most part except for a few things--every once in awhile the camera won't work but I just restart and then it works. The other thing is about features of the phone calling app. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 My cell phone company is Metro which is T Mobile. The service is very good.

I have an Iphone XR and I'm on my granddaughter's AT&T family plan, I pay them about $200 per year for this. I'm happy with the phone and service.

Samsung Android Smartphone for me from my son's AT&T business account. I don't need a fraction of the actions it can do for me, but it alerts me to spam calls, and all manner of such stuff. Actually, I am thinking of downsizing to something less as the phone itself is getting old, but I haven't found what I want from AT&T. I may look into a simpler Tracfone as I've had them before and had excellent service with them.

My phone is a refurbished Pixel 4a that I bought off Amazon. My phone plan is with Red Pocket ($11 a month) using the Verizon network. I only have the free basic voicemail (doesn't text me voicemail messages, though I could get that if I paid an extra dollar a month).

The phone is okay, I liked my old Pixel 2 better but offhand I can't remember why.

Now that things are being upgraded to 4/5g, like many people I need to buy a new phone. I already have a tablet on which I do most things, but I need a phone to carry around with me. It sounds simple but there are so many to choose from and mixed reviews...so I'm still looking.

Basic Nokia for emergencies only. $12 per mo. with Rogers. I'm not "connected". I exchange the occasional text with friends in Oz and here.

I even have my old Nokia that I keep under my pillow and use as an alarm clock (rare). It's over 20 yrs. old.

Last edited:
Most here know that I let mama sweet talk me into getting cell / flip phones several years ago and mine has spent the biggest part of it's life not being carried and just sits on the dining room table collecting dust.....we're with Consumer Cellular and she turns hers on and carries it every time she leaves the house (which is good) and then turns it back off when she gets back home, our primary phone is still a landline.

Anyway, my DIL is a really, really sweet girl and has sent me pics through email several times a year for several years of her, my son and three grand kids and about a month or so prior to their visit back in late May she ask me to send her current pics of mama and I and I told her that I didn't own a digital camera or smart phone (should have also added that I didn't want one :)) to take pics and send to her with but the next time I dug out my old 35mm camera I'd take a couple of pics, get them developed and send to her.

After hugs in the driveway when they arrived she reaches in their vehicle and hands me a Verizon bag that had a brand new Apple 12 64GB I-Phone in it and hands it to me saying that it was a early Fathers Day present and that the unlimited plan monthly fee has been and will be paid forever by them.

Between my DIL, 19 year old grand daughter and my wife they got it registered in our name and gave mama a quick crash course in how it works while my son and I were catching up and talking guy stuff.

So far mama just plays the free games that are on it daily for a few minutes and I've yet to mess around with it.......it's just another dust collector cell phone as far as I'm concerned. :)

Back