Recipes in bags of flour

The more tattered and stained the pages are the more likely it is that they are great recipes!

The Cream Filbert cookie recipe caught my eye. When I was a kid my grandmother used to take us to the Planters Peanut shop and buy a 1/4 pound of cream filbert candies, we called them mothballs.

candy.jpg

I remember when some flour companies put little recipe booklets in the bags. I still have some that my mom saved.. One is disintegrating and looks like it has been taped together more than once! They are probably close to being 60 years old.

View attachment 77730View attachment 77731View attachment 77732View attachment 77733
How great that you have saved these after all those years. I'd put them inside laminated covers. What a great treasure. Wish you lived closer to me...would love seeing them up close. They look wonderful!

The more tattered and stained the pages are the more likely it is that they are great recipes!

The Cream Filbert cookie recipe caught my eye. When I was a kid my grandmother used to take us to the Planters Peanut shop and buy a 1/4 pound of cream filbert candies, we called them mothballs.

candy.jpg
How funny...mothballs!

Back