Recliners

Jules

SF VIP
They just aren’t designed the way they used to be. DH’s old Lazy Boy (that he loved) went to the basement rec room 15 years ago. We replaced it with two other recliners that cost too much and were never comfortable. A couple of years ago or so we got new Lazy Boys. They haven’t lasted well. Instead of the foot rest extending out, DH’s feet hang off. We’ve taken a quick look in stores and none seem to do that anymore. The other complaint is that some are too low for resting the head back. It sure is hard to find the perfect chair.

P.S. That original recliner is still functioning well, just not worth the cost of recovering. It kind of reminds me of Fraiser’s dad’s chair, though not that bad.

I',m looking for one i can sprawl in, sleep in, eat in=once obtained i don't have a lot of plans to get up that often: potty, food, otherwise
on me butt.

I'm looking for one and I believe that it was the La-Z-Boy website that had some information about the proper recliner based on the height and weight of the intended user.

My problem has been finding a chair that doesn't take up much space but is still comfortable for me.

For now, a squirt of Febreze and a fresh throw is much better than a very expensive mistake.

images

I'm looking for one and I believe that it was the La-Z-Boy website that had some information about the proper recliner based on the height and weight of the intended user.

My problem has been finding a chair that doesn't take up much space but is still comfortable for me.

For now, a squirt of Febreze and a fresh throw is much better than a very expensive mistake.

images
Have one just like that and I love it. Very comfortable!

My old La-Z-Boy is at least 25 years old, and is still in great shape....both mechanism and fabric. It's so comfortable that when I lean back in it after Supper, I almost always wind up taking a short nap, and missing 30 minutes of whatever is on the TV.

@Aunt Bea and @terry123. That’s almost exactly like DH’s old one. The older ones were definitely made better. That’s pretty true of most things.

Our space is limited too so the next one will be the wall hugger type & powered.

I have a "Backsaver" recliner and love it. They are a bit expensive, but mine has held up to daily use for over 22 years. It does not take up as much room as a traditional recliner and the leather upholstery makes it very easy to clean. They may still come in sizes, and that helps the comfort level. Mine is sized for people between 5ft 9 in and 6 ft.

They can be hard to find, but when I stumbled across mine 22 years ago, I snapped it up. They are available online.

Looking at photos of the Backsaver, it reminds me of home reno show. All the man cared about was keeping his chair, that I now realize was a Backsaver. I don’t recall seeing it when the reno was done.

They just aren’t designed the way they used to be. DH’s old Lazy Boy (that he loved) went to the basement rec room 15 years ago. We replaced it with two other recliners that cost too much and were never comfortable. A couple of years ago or so we got new Lazy Boys. They haven’t lasted well. Instead of the foot rest extending out, DH’s feet hang off. We’ve taken a quick look in stores and none seem to do that anymore. The other complaint is that some are too low for resting the head back. It sure is hard to find the perfect chair.

P.S. That original recliner is still functioning well, just not worth the cost of recovering. It kind of reminds me of Fraiser’s dad’s chair, though not that bad.
Have a look at this line, Jules.

https://fjords.no/products/recliners/

Dear husband and I have sat in a few and aside from the highest level of craftsmanship that goes into the making of them, they provide zero-gravity support for your entire body, and experience that no other recliner chair offers.

Yes, I will have a look for those. Thanks, @Aunt Marg
You're welcome, Jules.

You'll pay a little more, but they're real 100% leather, not bonded leather like so many other cheaper knockoffs are, they're made in Norway, so quality is second to none, and of course, the comfort they provide is supreme.

Back