Red Meats, OK???

I was up early this morning and helped load the pigs into the trailer to go to the abattoir.
I've known these since they were weaners. They've lived in a paddock with plenty of grass and fresh straw in their 'ark'. I know what they've been fed and any medication they've had. They've also had a longer life than many commercially raised breeds.

It's not exactly an economical way of producing meat, but the quality is excellent.

I eat a Beyond Burger or sausage about once a month. No mystery about what's in it - the ingredients are clearly stated.

I find it convenient, tasty, a nice change of pace, something that's easy to bring to a backyard cookout, and not a huge extravagance at $3.00 per serving.

It's odd that so many are threatened by the increased interest, popularity, and improvements in meat substitutes that are demonstrably better for our planet's health. We're not talking Soylent Green here, folks.

Just as non-polluting power installations benefit everyone, not just those directly receiving the power, omnivores should be delighted and supportive of the planetary benefits from increasing numbers of vegans.

Why wouldn't you be?

Gave up beef and chocolate anything around two months ago...my digestive system does better without it meaning less aches and pains...I miss those foods sooo much but its not worth eating for me....
I agree also, everything eaten in moderation unless a serious ailment warrants a strict diet...
I rarely eat beef, but chocolate? Dark chocolate is supposed to have many health benefits - very high in antioxidants, & we need all the help we can get as we oxidize.
"Hand over the chocolate & nobody gets hurt."

Because I don't believe anything that the government or corporate spokespersons tell me. Especially things that are good for me, their track record speaks for itself.
I don't either. However, I do believe the vast majority of scientists. Not corporately controlled scientists, mind you, or those hawking books, but scientists who do the plodding work of researching and submitting peer-reviewed evidence.

I rarely eat beef, but chocolate? Dark chocolate is supposed to have many health benefits - very high in antioxidants, & we need all the help we can get as we oxidize.
Haha you're right Win and I ate lots of the dark chocolate but it irritates my esophagus badly and any cocoa...woe is me 😞

I eat a Beyond Burger or sausage about once a month. No mystery about what's in it - the ingredients are clearly stated.

I find it convenient, tasty, a nice change of pace, something that's easy to bring to a backyard cookout, and not a huge extravagance at $3.00 per serving.

It's odd that so many are threatened by the increased interest, popularity, and improvements in meat substitutes that are demonstrably better for our planet's health. We're not talking Soylent Green here, folks.

Just as non-polluting power installations benefit everyone, not just those directly receiving the power, omnivores should be delighted and supportive of the planetary benefits from increasing numbers of vegans.

Why wouldn't you be?
I used to eat and love Morningstar Grillers. Then they changed the recipe or something and I didn't like it and even complained to them. Now I just make my own veggie burgers.

Just like everything else, don't eat too much of it. Balance is always the key. Koala bears only eat leaves, but after eating some in one tree they move on to a different leaf tree, too much of the same leaf is toxic to them. Animals seem to know more than we do about nutrition. ;)

To be perfectly honest, when I dwell on where meat comes from, I feel awful. I wish I could give it up, but I can't. I often think I'll try it, but I always fall back.
I go thru the same thing RR...been substituting some meats with chick peas, loaded with protein...I get so tired of eating chicken, thats when I switch it up with the peas or beans....

I just LOVE garbanzos (chick peas), even eat as a snack, just pop in my mouth or drop some chile sauce on them and eat with spoon.
Whizz garbanzos in the processor with garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and maybe even a sprinkle of cumin or za'tar or not,

Voila'! Hummus.

6c9dd85fba500b7367905f33d289d4ae.jpg

Whizz garbanzos in the processor with garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and maybe even a sprinkle of cumin or za'tar or not,

Voila'! Hummus.

6c9dd85fba500b7367905f33d289d4ae.jpg
Yeah, I have two recipes I really love, one with and another without the tahini, but need to cook some garbanzos. I buy them from Amazon, very fresh by the Palouse farm in Washington state.

Back