Reflections of My Life

A group of people in my apartment building are forming a "social club". A room, I call the puzzle room is going to be their room. The manager had a lock put on it that you have to use a code to open the door and only the people in that club will be able to use it. This isn't something I care about because I never go into that room unless I was putting free stuff on their table. I received a notice that they are having a meeting in the Community Room (not in the puzzle room) to elect officers. Everybody is invited to join.

I choose not to join. I am not crazy about the ones who are running it and I believe they will be the ones elected. They are not people I say more than good morning or how are you to. Another reason is that they are going to be putting in games of various types and a library. I am not a game person. I joined the library across the street and have not been back. I really need to go there! But I normally buy any books I want for my kindle.

I guess I am just a private person. I have just enough interaction with my closest friends to be enough social time. I am busy all the time here in my apartment. A social club is mainly for the ones who might be lonely and needing some people time. It is bad enough when I have an appointment and can't do what I want that day. I don't want to cook for shared meals or share their high carb meals downstairs.

This is what I call my office in this little studio apartment (though I feel it is the perfect size for me). The entrance door is right behind me when at my computer. I can see right into my kitchen so if something is cooking I can keep an eye on it. Don't want to start any fires!

office.JPG

I talked to the manager yesterday and my son's application is approved. She said she just needs to give me the move in date. I will need to know how much money he needs to move in. I had to pay his last month's rent so he does not have a lot of money left. So trying to tread water while waiting. Apartment managers and landlords can keep you hanging on and think the money is just a little thing. In the process of moving you have to get out of one apartment and into another and maybe don't have enough money to pay for both of them in the same month. Oh well, I will figure it out.

I hope that all works out for you & your son.

Does he have a lot of stuff that needs moved?
No. Speakers and clothing. Everything else he threw out. I told him to start over here. Who knows what he may have in his stuff from that building. It is really bad! The city wants to close it down and take it away from the landlord (who lives out of town).

Only my 2nd time on this forum that I have put someone on ignore. I never go to the topics that can turn political. What I liked about this forum is the no politics rule. Well sometimes a person can try to change an innocent topic into being political. I won't go back to that one again but in the meantime I do not care for other people's political opinions because they have no regard for other people so used the ignore button.

In our laundry room we have 4 washers and 5 dryers. I usually put my wash in the machine and come back upstairs to my apartment. Go back down in 36 minutes to get my laundry when it stops. I am always ahead of time. So it never sits there waiting for me. Now we have a new rule. We cannot leave the laundry room while our laundry is in the washers or dryers.

So I had to devise a new strategy to do this job. I am going back to drying my laundry in my shower. So will wait for the washer, bringing something to do while I sit there, then skip the dryer. I am sorry I ever started using the dryer anyway. It ruined my tee shirts. I was just being lazy.

This is a good example of how someone causes a rule to be enacted because they did not do what they should have been doing. Leaving the washer sitting there waiting so someone else could not use it. Saves me money from having to use the dryers. And my laundry won't stink like the dryer sheets....toxic!

In our laundry room we have 4 washers and 5 dryers. I usually put my wash in the machine and come back upstairs to my apartment. Go back down in 36 minutes to get my laundry when it stops. I am always ahead of time. So it never sits there waiting for me. Now we have a new rule. We cannot leave the laundry room while our laundry is in the washers or dryers.

So I had to devise a new strategy to do this job. I am going back to drying my laundry in my shower. So will wait for the washer, bringing something to do while I sit there, then skip the dryer. I am sorry I ever started using the dryer anyway. It ruined my tee shirts. I was just being lazy.

This is a good example of how someone causes a rule to be enacted because they did not do what they should have been doing. Leaving the washer sitting there waiting so someone else could not use it. Saves me money from having to use the dryers. And my laundry won't stink like the dryer sheets....toxic!
Glad you worked it out with the dryers. That rule about not leaving the laundry does not make sense. Do you think they will enforce the rule if no one knows whose laundry it is if the person leaves? Unless someone sits there and waits for the person's return, I don't know how they will enforce the rule. Or do they have cameras? Just curious.

I talked to the manager yesterday and my son's application is approved. She said she just needs to give me the move in date. I will need to know how much money he needs to move in. I had to pay his last month's rent so he does not have a lot of money left. So trying to tread water while waiting. Apartment managers and landlords can keep you hanging on and think the money is just a little thing. In the process of moving you have to get out of one apartment and into another and maybe don't have enough money to pay for both of them in the same month. Oh well, I will figure it out.
I think the hardest thing about apartments for me was having to pay the first and last month's rent up front. I hope they do not have that there!

I think the hardest thing about apartments for me was having to pay the first and last month's rent up front. I hope they do not have that there!
No, he will pay $100. extra each month for 6 months I think. If it was a regular apartment, not subsidized, you have to pay first and last month's rent before you can move in. It is really hard to move into a normal apartment.

Glad you worked it out with the dryers. That rule about not leaving the laundry does not make sense. Do you think they will enforce the rule if no one knows whose laundry it is if the person leaves? Unless someone sits there and waits for the person's return, I don't know how they will enforce the rule. Or do they have cameras? Just curious.
They don't have cameras in the laundry room but they are in the hall. So they could figure it out. I will not complain about it just do what I have to do. Most times these rules fall by the wayside eventually. One thing they could do is get more machines. They are only 4 and one is out of order. I stopped hanging my laundry in my shower because it was making the apartment cold at night. I could shut the bathroom door. I am only concerned about it being cold because of Rabbit. I have no problem with being cold.

Today is another day. It can be a bad day or a good day. Depends on how I see it. I have a few things that can cause me stress, instead I will not dwell on those problems or bad side of those things. Instead I am going to focus on what is going good. Usually the bad problems straighten themselves out no matter how I see them.

It is almost the middle of March already! It seems like the days fly by lately. Today it is supposed to get up to 61 degrees! Makes me want to believe spring is really here and take all the stuff I have blocking my windows off the windowsill and windows. Sunshine makes me feel good. I am hoping to get new blinds put on two of the windows. I cannot open and close two of them and one I can not raise up.

So far, my plan for today is to take my shower, do laundry and then take a walk in the park. I have not been walking much except last week when I went to my hair appointment. I am thinking of getting an order from Walmart tomorrow or maybe going there on the bus on Friday. I will check with my friend and see if she would like to go.

This afternoon I met my friend (who lives downstairs) at the park across the street. We took a couple of laps around the park but mostly just talked and people watched. It was beautiful out! No jacket. There were people everywhere! And people with wheelchairs, bikes and dogs (leashed, of course).

early_spring.JPG

I really love this time change! I get my day started much faster this way. I have already cleaned my toilet and working on the sink & mirror right now. Cleaned off the windowsill and put the African violets in the sun. Weeding out the clutter I had on it and on the vanity. Placed an order for grocery delivery from Walmart which will be here at noon. Then will be meeting my friend who lives downstairs in the park to walk. I haven't even changed out of my nightgown yet! Oh my...........

Yesterday I put my new compression stockings on and thought they were the wrong size. I remember I thought that when I bought the last ones. They look like a child's size because I order petite large. Well, I put them on and what a difference! I hate that they only last about 6 months and that is why. Because I stretch them out wearing them daily. That is why I buy two pairs together every time. They just make my feet and legs feel so good instantly.

Sun is streaming in my windows and it puts me in such a good mood.

Glad you got out & about.

I've been out trying to move a pile of stump grindings that are damp.
Just don't have the stamina that I had last year.

A lady who live about 1/4 mile from us rides her mobility chair up to visit a bit.
Her little dog comes waddling up with her.

Although there is a speed limit on our. road,,it isn't enforced.
If traffic coming towards her I usually out up a hand trying o slow them down.

I know a lot of the folks swear about her & her dog wandering on the road.

Glad you got out & about.

I've been out trying to move a pile of stump grindings that are damp.
Just don't have the stamina that I had last year.

A lady who live about 1/4 mile from us rides her mobility chair up to visit a bit.
Her little dog comes waddling up with her.

Although there is a speed limit on our. road,,it isn't enforced.
If traffic coming towards her I usually out up a hand trying o slow them down.

I know a lot of the folks swear about her & her dog wandering on the road.
People will complain about every little thing. If she wasn't getting out they would be saying it wasn't good for her to stay inside. My town is full of people on all different types of mobility vehicles. I saw three different ones today that I had never seen before! They keep making new varieties for all us baby boomers.

yes, and as well as last months rent and first and last.. first and deposit on the next.. there's also the cost of the removal company...it can be very expensive even a simple straightforward move...

Last edited:
I really love this time change! I get my day started much faster this way. I have already cleaned my toilet and working on the sink & mirror right now. Cleaned off the windowsill and put the African violets in the sun. Weeding out the clutter I had on it and on the vanity. Placed an order for grocery delivery from Walmart which will be here at noon. Then will be meeting my friend who lives downstairs in the park to walk. I haven't even changed out of my nightgown yet! Oh my...........

Yesterday I put my new compression stockings on and thought they were the wrong size. I remember I thought that when I bought the last ones. They look like a child's size because I order petite large. Well, I put them on and what a difference! I hate that they only last about 6 months and that is why. Because I stretch them out wearing them daily. That is why I buy two pairs together every time. They just make my feet and legs feel so good instantly.

Sun is streaming in my windows and it puts me in such a good mood.
This time of the year is my favorite! Now, with the time change, the days are longer, and it's been nice and warm lately. Several of my daffodils are blooming. Still have some on the hill that haven't opened yet.

Enjoy the weather!

yes, and as well as last months rent and first and last..r first and deposit on the next.. there's also the cost of the removal company...it can be very expensive even a simple straightforward move...
Yeah, I know. Moving into a subsidized housing here (NY) you just have to pay the rent for the month and probably $100. a month for the security until it is paid. Some people have moved in here through social services and didn't have to worry about any of the cost because SS took care of it for them.

This time of the year is my favorite! Now, with the time change, the days are longer, and it's been nice and warm lately. Several of my daffodils are blooming. Still have some on the hill that haven't opened yet.

Enjoy the weather!
I saw tons of Daffodils today all along the roadside as I was driving. I wanted to stop to take photos..... and here my next door neighbours tulips are out already....

here's one from last year..

flower-spring-daffodils.jpg

...and this one from a few years ago which I've posted before on here... but I love the mass of Daffs

DSCF0364-jpg-original.jpg

I saw tons of Daffodils today all along the roadside as I was driving. I wanted to stop to take photos..... and here my next door neighbours tulips are out already....

here's one from last year..

flower-spring-daffodils.jpg

...and this one from a few years ago which I've posted before on here... but I love the mass of Daffs

DSCF0364-jpg-original.jpg
Wow! Love it!

Back