Reflections of My Life

I didn't know if i could go online and get all ordered...and get it our of the car...into the house..
my husband does that..I used to help...I feel more useless day by day..anyway

.I wear compression socks for leg pain

I wear them too. I couldn't stand how dreary it looked wearing black every day. I bought a 6-pak in colors. This is my favorite so far! I need to find purple!
pink_crp.JPG

Here is a picture of my new skechers. They are comfortable despite the fact that they seem to have a bit of a heel. It looks bigger than it is. They are very light which makes them easy for me to wear and walk in.
View attachment 192820
My Skechers have the same soles as yours. they made me fall. I wanted to turn and go forward but those soles "stuck" to the cement and I went forward but my feet didn't.

I didn't get hurt I didn't fall all the way down I just kind of crumpled and several times I've almost fallen with those soles so please be very careful.

My Skechers have the same soles as yours. they made me fall. I wanted to turn and go forward but those soles "stuck" to the cement and I went forward but my feet didn't.

I didn't get hurt I didn't fall all the way down I just kind of crumpled and several times I've almost fallen with those soles so please be very careful.
Oh no! These are the first shoes I have bought in three years and needed something badly for cold weather. I will be careful. I usually am holding onto to something and if I am outside on cement I have my walker.

What I liked about these was how light there were. I usually wear shoes with soles that are completely flat but tried these. I think the compression stockings help.

Thank you for the warning though. I will be careful as I have never fallen..........yet.

Today is a quiet day for me. I went downstairs to get my mail and packages. Other than that, I have not seen anyone. I am FINALLY going through that trunk that is in my way. Throwing out pictures that have no meaning for me. I have four packages of pictures to send to my husband. That will get rid of a big bunch.

All the ones of my son I am putting in a couple of albums and will give them to him at a later time. For now, they will just be here marked for him. And one for my brother which I may give to him. Other pictures getting ready to send to various cousins and friends. I never look at them unless I have them in my computer.

As much as I loved that trunk...........now I can't wait to clean it out and get it out of here! Sonny said he would drive it to my aide's house for her. No, she does not have a car, even though when she answered my aide I had stated that she must have one (so she could go to the store for me).

I keep wondering what Rabbit will think when it is gone. He will have more room to run and I think he will like that. He has plenty of hiding spots so not taking anything away from him. Everything I do is centered around my bunny boy.

In May of 2018 I moved from my off-the-grid (off the utility grid) homestead and left behind my beloved horses, one cat (she would have hated living in an apartment) and my marriage. It was not a spur of the moment thing. As I was getting older and was doing less and being dependent on my husband for many things, I had become quite depressed. I kept telling him. One big problem was that even though it should have been very cheap living there, he kept using credit cards (including mine) and had a motorcycle and truck (that I was not comfortable driving so did not) payments. Sometimes we did not have food. In the beginning there, I had 16 raised garden beds and dried and canned lots of food. But as I got where I could barely walk, less and less.

Once I started getting my Social Security, I was eager to leave and told him I would. Until then I had no money. When I sold stuff on eBay we had to use it for food, hay or gas. He did not think I really would. The day actually came that I was able to leave. Mainly due to applying for senior housing that is subsidized based on your income. It was a lifesaver for me. I had not been to a doctor in years (and I was almost 66) or a dentist. I was for most of my life a stay at home mother because my first husband had his own business and my son is disabled. So I took care of him. I know people put down others who use services that are available to people with low incomes, but sometimes it is not something you do on purpose. This was my only chance and I was getting older. I do not regret it one bit and my life has turned around.
I haven't seen a Dr in over 20 years..i too worked like a man on a big farm growing up...close with animals especially the beagle hunting dogs...I could sit with them and cry and love them..they loved me back....
my father wasn't a very nice man...he beat them and me too..I haven't told anyone this on here..and i am hoping only you reads it...anyway..all over...I am 67 years old now

I haven't seen a Dr in over 20 years..i too worked like a man on a big farm growing up...close with animals especially the beagle hunting dogs...I could sit with them and cry and love them..they loved me back....
my father wasn't a very nice man...he beat them and me too..I haven't told anyone this on here..and i am hoping only you reads it...anyway..all over...I am 67 years old now
I so understand about abusive parents, I am sorry this happened to you.

I have moved all my houseplants to my table. Probably until spring. I try to keep them as warm as I can. Even though I turn my heat up at night instead of in the day like most people do. I get cold at night and of course, I have to keep my bunny boy warm. Since he is on the floor and that is where it is coldest. For the most part, it is not cold in my apartment at all.

Now at my house, heating with a big wood stove, of course that thing really heated the place up. But.........at night when you go to bed, you have to bank it back and once you do that, the house gets cold. I had these same plants and I do not know how they survived being there that long. This year, they have really improved and look good.

I am sentimental about these houseplants for various reasons. So have to keep them living.

I keep trying to think of cheapskate habits to post on that thread. I used to know many. I used to write about them on my blogs. Can I remember them now? Nope. Why not? Because since I moved away from my house and my husband, I live normal. I missed doing the things I do now and now that I can do them, I can't remember the things I used to do because we had very little money. I still have very little money but it is just me here. It is enough for me. I get by easy on little money and I am not deprived in the least.

I will keep thinking on this. Maybe I blocked it out.

Today, Sonny is supposed to come and change my tires on "Jazzy" and I can't wait. He brought his tools and the tires yesterday so they are here. I think he plans on doing it out in the hall. Hope nobody has an issue with that.

Yesterday, my aide was here and did laundry, vacuumed and took my garbage out. What a big help that is! that gives me the time to do other things..........like going through these pictures in the trunk. I am eager to finish that job so not stopping. Every day, I get up and do something on it.

I have tried to figure out how to see my television better. Not sure if new glasses would work because the last time I got these I mentioned that and was told that I would need a whole other pair just for that. And it is something you just have to live with. My problem is that I watch Prime Video and there is a description written about the video and I have to get up and stand in front of the television to see it.

I can't move it closer or lower because there is no place to put it. Sonny keeps trying to influence me to get a bigger television. Mine is 24" and it is fine for me. I do not want watching it to rule my life. He does not understand that because he has his on all day. I don't really know if he ever turns it off. I like quiet. He likes the noise even if he is not watching it. I have known a couple other people who do that too.

I lived so long with a television that it seems strange to complain about not seeing the written things on one. I have gotten used to watching one now but I do not turn it on till late afternoon or later. I will live with it the way it is for now.

It appears that we probably won't be using the community room any longer. The manager has taken a stand that if we lock anything up so nobody steals it then it means it is no longer for the community. We were locking up coffee, creamer dish soap, coffee filters and napkins because if you don't it will disappear. We left it unlocked a week ago or so and then everything was gone........except for a little bit of the coffee. The scoop was even gone!

I think I will stop going to all of those activities. The more this thing escalates, the more I want no part of it. We could have coffee in each others' apartments from time to time if we really want to do it. I don't think I do.

I just spent some time reading through the lease. The bottom line is that the whole lease is for the owner not the renter. They can change their rules at any time and if you don't agree you can give notice. That is basically what it says. As for the community room..........it can be closed from us whenever they choose.

So my opinion is that if we want social interaction with each other, coffee hours, Bingo, potluck suppers, then we have to do it outside of the community room. In our own apartments. There we can do what we choose. One good thing about that is we don't have to invite the whole building. It might be noisier since it is in an apartment rather than downstairs on the lower level.

Well I will see what happens.

Can you go to a 'dollar' store & buy some stronger glasses just for watching TV?
Try them on & look at something that would be about the distance of your TV.

After my cararact surgey that's what the ophthalmologist told me,to buy some cheap rereading glasses.
I can check. My glasses are good for reading or the computer because it is closer.

It appears that we probably won't be using the community room any longer. The manager has taken a stand that if we lock anything up so nobody steals it then it means it is no longer for the community. We were locking up coffee, creamer dish soap, coffee filters and napkins because if you don't it will disappear. We left it unlocked a week ago or so and then everything was gone........except for a little bit of the coffee. The scoop was even gone!

I think I will stop going to all of those activities. The more this thing escalates, the more I want no part of it. We could have coffee in each others' apartments from time to time if we really want to do it. I don't think I do.

I just spent some time reading through the lease. The bottom line is that the whole lease is for the owner not the renter. They can change their rules at any time and if you don't agree you can give notice. That is basically what it says. As for the community room..........it can be closed from us whenever they choose.

So my opinion is that if we want social interaction with each other, coffee hours, Bingo, potluck suppers, then we have to do it outside of the community room. In our own apartments. There we can do what we choose. One good thing about that is we don't have to invite the whole building. It might be noisier since it is in an apartment rather than downstairs on the lower level.

Well I will see what happens.
This will happen more and more, the “stealing“-as prices go up people have less and less spendable money, and resort to taking what they normally would not. It is a sad fact of life. You are lucky that you have sonny who buys stuff for you.

That's outrageous! It takes a real jerk to stoop to that level. So sorry Kat.
Well, I didn't know this but it seems that our manager had our stuff removed from the cupboard and we thought it was stolen. She did this on purpose. Instead of doing her job as a manager, she is trying to cause stress to certain tenants. And two of them are going through some very tough health problems and really don't need this at this time. But who is going to speak up? None of us, because we do not want to be evicted or targeted by her.

We have decided to have the coffee hour in my neighbor's apartment next time. I think it will be nicer and we can keep it small.

Back