Reflections of My Life

Yesterday, I went to Tops on Jazzy and got the ingredients for my chicken noodle soup. Yeah,,,,,,,I was tempted and got some Pringles potato chips and ice cream too. Bad choice! Not the ice cream, but the chips. I just cannot eat any type of those snacks. They all make my mouth sore. This morning I am rinsing with salt water hoping to be able to eat some soup. It is either something they put in it (the processing ingredients I am sure) or the hardness of a chip. Whatever. Not buying any of them again. Maybe God is reminding me that I do not want to eat stuff like that.

Anyway, my soup came out very good. I like those thin type of noodles called Kluski egg noodles, Pennsylvania Dutch is the brand name. I can live without most pasta, but I do enjoy my soup with these noodles. So my pot should last a few days and I can put some in the freezer. Sonny will be taking me shopping tomorrow, so I will save some for our meal.

chicken_noodle.jpg

Yesterday, I went to Tops on Jazzy and got the ingredients for my chicken noodle soup. Yeah,,,,,,,I was tempted and got some Pringles potato chips and ice cream too. Bad choice! Not the ice cream, but the chips. I just cannot eat any type of those snacks. They all make my mouth sore. This morning I am rinsing with salt water hoping to be able to eat some soup. It is either something they put in it (the processing ingredients I am sure) or the hardness of a chip. Whatever. Not buying any of them again. Maybe God is reminding me that I do not want to eat stuff like that.

Anyway, my soup came out very good. I like those thin type of noodles called Kluski egg noodles, Pennsylvania Dutch is the brand name. I can live without most pasta, but I do enjoy my soup with these noodles. So my pot should last a few days and I can put some in the freezer. Sonny will be taking me shopping tomorrow, so I will save some for our meal.

View attachment 121430
Same wavelength here, Kat. Yesterday I too, made soup. Beef/barley with veggies. I had some for breakfast, as well.

Yours looks delicious!

Today Sonny (bf) is taking me grocery shopping. I didn't do my normal shopping on the 3rd because the stores are so crowded and they are usually out of everything I need. So I have been making a list. As much as I need to go and it does me good to get out of the apartment, I always dread going.

The biggest regret of the last two years is that I had most of my teeth extracted. They were in horrible shape. I need to go back and get the rest out, but have been putting it off. It was a horrible ordeal for me. Those shots just about killed me, When I left, I was in shock. I rarely eat anywhere but at home or Sonny's. So I find eating softer foods is best for me. Those little pieces like corn, peas or diced carrots, have to be super soft for me now.

Anyway, I found this YouTube channel the other day, where there are recipes for pureed foods. I worked as a CNA so I knew about those but this channel has recipes that showed me how to make the foods I miss, easier to eat. I don't need them pureed, but softer. Like I can't bite into anything now. I have to have it in pieces. Cutting up a pizza or a sandwich like it is a steak! LOL So I am going to get the ingredients for chicken pot pie that she (Sherry, the woman that does the videos) made. It looked really good. If I make it I will take a picture to share. Just in case someone else has these issues with eating and bad teeth. Or no teeth.

Today Sonny (bf) is taking me grocery shopping. I didn't do my normal shopping on the 3rd because the stores are so crowded and they are usually out of everything I need. So I have been making a list. As much as I need to go and it does me good to get out of the apartment, I always dread going.

The biggest regret of the last two years is that I had most of my teeth extracted. They were in horrible shape. I need to go back and get the rest out, but have been putting it off. It was a horrible ordeal for me. Those shots just about killed me, When I left, I was in shock. I rarely eat anywhere but at home or Sonny's. So I find eating softer foods is best for me. Those little pieces like corn, peas or diced carrots, have to be super soft for me now.

Anyway, I found this YouTube channel the other day, where there are recipes for pureed foods. I worked as a CNA so I knew about those but this channel has recipes that showed me how to make the foods I miss, easier to eat. I don't need them pureed, but softer. Like I can't bite into anything now. I have to have it in pieces. Cutting up a pizza or a sandwich like it is a steak! LOL So I am going to get the ingredients for chicken pot pie that she (Sherry, the woman that does the videos) made. It looked really good. If I make it I will take a picture to share. Just in case someone else has these issues with eating and bad teeth. Or no teeth.
My son has to eat pureed foods as he has trouble swallowing. Eventually I will have to eat baby food because of my stomach issues, so puréed foods. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s always something, isn‘t it?

My son has to eat pureed foods as he has trouble swallowing. Eventually I will have to eat baby food because of my stomach issues, so puréed foods. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s always something, isn‘t it?
It is. I start to feel sorry for myself at times, but then remind myself how bad my mother had it at my age. She was crippled a lot worse than me. At least I can get around by myself and don't have to stay in bed all the time. I'd go nuts.

I have dentures and there's certain thing I struggle with eating so I totally understand kat.
Me too!

It doesn't bother me when I'm alone in my little world but it's sometimes difficult when I venture out into the real world.

As an example, I enjoy fresh sweet corn but I would never attempt to eat it in public. When I'm at home I can cut it off the cob and poach it in a little butter or make a cream of corn soup.

Me too!

It doesn't bother me when I'm alone in my little world but it's sometimes difficult when I venture out into the real world.

As an example, I enjoy fresh sweet corn but I would never attempt to eat it in public. When I'm at home I can cut it off the cob and poach it in a little butter or make a cream of corn soup.
I tend to suck on certain things without my teeth at home. I eat the saltwater taffy we get at work that way. LOL

Ever since I moved here I had been planning on buying a pole lamp to put behind my computer chair so the light comes from behind me and over my shoulder. Every time I saw one, I would put off getting it because I did not want to spend the money on that. I'd say, "next month." So this morning, I came to the realization that I could put one of my "Margie" vanity lamps on the bookcase behind me instead. An aha moment! I have always had both of these lamps on each side of my vanity where I used to put on make up. Now, if I even wear make up, I do it in the bathroom so have moved all my make up to a small container under the sink. The mirror and the light is better in there.

margie.JPG

I have dentures and there's certain thing I struggle with eating so I totally understand kat.
One restaurant we go to is a Chinese buffet and we go at the off time, usually after lunch so it is pretty empty. I can slip my dentures out while I eat with nobody but Sonny knowing. Nobody pays attention to a couple of old people anyway.

Me too!

I miss corn too but even creamed corn makes me have a coughing fit and I don't think it is connected to my dentures. Maybe I eat it too fast but that one little kernel always goes the wrong way, a rebel I guess.

I had some excitement this morning. The fire alarm went off! I heard David, a guy who lives downstairs telling everyone we have to evacuate the building till the firemen get here and figure out who set off the alarm. I quickly grabbed the kitty carrier and put Rabbit in it. Got my phone and keys and ran out the door the best I could. I had the carrier on the walker, which it is really too big for it. Leaning the front of the carrier against me, I kept it stable enough and Rabbit hopefully, couldn't hear the alarm so loudly.

The others on my floor were gathered at the stairwell where we were instructed to wait for firemen if we can't go down stairs. Pretty soon David came back and said a lady downstairs burnt hot dogs she was cooking and it set off the alarm. So we were able to go back to our apartments. That is the first time since I moved here that Rabbit has been out of the apartment. He was fine. Didn't seem to trouble him at all.

One thing that puzzles me is that others have pets in their apartments, cats and dogs and one bird, and no one takes them out of the building if it might be on fire? First thing I thought of! My bunny boy! I would not leave without him.

This is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler temperatures and the feeling that fall is on the way. When I lived in my house before moving here, I could not be happy that fall was coming. My husband hated the work, even though he is the one who created it. He put so much stress on a life that could have been the exact opposite. Oh well, that is all behind me now.

My aide finally was here on Monday and she is supposed to come again on Thursday. Now that I had her here, I am sorry I signed up for this. I am thinking of canceling. Sonny says I should just have her do certain chores I can't do and if she is not here for the full three hours, so what? She clocks in with my phone and gets paid for just that time. I only need my bottom sheet put on my bed, my kitchen and bathroom floors cleaned and she vacuumed too. I can do the vacuuming. I know I am too picky. But I am not comfortable with someone else doing the cleaning in my apartment. Just not. I will see how she does tomorrow and how I feel then.

Today Sonny is bringing me hay and water. Then I want to go to Aldi's to get my son some real groceries. This morning I am trying to get some household chores done. I like to do them early in the day.

Our community room downstairs is open again. It has been cleaned and is ready for us to use it again.

This is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler temperatures and the feeling that fall is on the way. When I lived in my house before moving here, I could not be happy that fall was coming. My husband hated the work, even though he is the one who created it. He put so much stress on a life that could have been the exact opposite. Oh well, that is all behind me now.

My aide finally was here on Monday and she is supposed to come again on Thursday. Now that I had her here, I am sorry I signed up for this. I am thinking of canceling. Sonny says I should just have her do certain chores I can't do and if she is not here for the full three hours, so what? She clocks in with my phone and gets paid for just that time. I only need my bottom sheet put on my bed, my kitchen and bathroom floors cleaned and she vacuumed too. I can do the vacuuming. I know I am too picky. But I am not comfortable with someone else doing the cleaning in my apartment. Just not. I will see how she does tomorrow and how I feel then.

Today Sonny is bringing me hay and water. Then I want to go to Aldi's to get my son some real groceries. This morning I am trying to get some household chores done. I like to do them early in the day.

Our community room downstairs is open again. It has been cleaned and is ready for us to use it again.
Keep her and when she leaves redo what you didn’t like. This way, if you get sick or unable to do something, you still have backup.

Keep her and when she leaves redo what you didn’t like. This way, if you get sick or unable to do something, you still have backup.
Well, it is too late for that. I told her not to come yesterday and that I have decided that I don't really need one. I don't. Not if I can do it better than she can. When she was here she kept sitting down to talk and then she went across the hall to see my neighbor, who is her client too. She was gone at least 10 minutes! Not even here an hour. I know everyone said she was good, but I did this job myself in the past and I don't believe they know what a good worker is.

Well I have been limiting my time on Facebook and Twitter and it helps me get other things done. Very productive! I have been watching YouTube videos about decorating and get inspired. That is what YouTube does. If you start watching certain types of videos then it seems you start doing or trying to do that yourself. Like being frugal, making home cooked foods, taking care of your pet, etc. All sorts of things. I even watch one about cleaning your house. Whatever you need, you can find it on YouTube.

My new vacuum cleaner has made a big difference for me! It is much lighter than the old one so easy for me to use. And it is a sucker! The day the aide used it she had to empty it out TWICE..........yes, you read that right, twice! That must mean the old one was not getting anything at all. I had to monkey around with it every time I used it. In an apartment that is 338 square feet that must have been a lot of dirt.

Today I am going to take a look at my storage area and see if I can start organizing it. I have been putting things I don't want anymore on a table in the lobby with Free on them. Others have started doing the same. I put about 3 things on it and if I see they are gone, I put 3 more on it.

This morning Sonny was banned from FB for 30 days. Good! This will make it easy to stop going there.

Back