Reflections of My Life

Kat I'm so glad you're all getting your space and activities back! I wonder what (if anything) tipped the manager off? Does she live there too?

Hope your next gathering is a good one!

Oh, those thorny brambles! My MIL had a gang of raspberries, so I know how you feel.

Enjoy, hearing about your life, my wife is on a walker, I'm 73 now do all the house work, don't mind at all, can't be by myself a lot , for all the people stopping by, I do enjoy seeing and meeting with them, I try and have a garden every year, I love to read, and travel. but my eye sight is giving me trouble now.
My father was like you too. Except my mother was mostly bedridden in her later years. So he did all the housework and cooking and took care of her. I did her baths and hair and stuff like that. My father also had a huge garden and canned his harvest and made the best pickles.

Maybe you could start reading the audio books that you listen to? I thought about trying some of them myself.

Kat I'm so glad you're all getting your space and activities back! I wonder what (if anything) tipped the manager off? Does she live there too?

Hope your next gathering is a good one!

Oh, those thorny brambles! My MIL had a gang of raspberries, so I know how you feel.
About the manager, we don't really know if she quit or was fired yet. I am sure we will know that soon. It was very sudden though because Friday I saw her husband drop her off at the ramp door to come to work. And she had been harassing the lady upstairs (who has Parkinson) just the day before. So not sure. Will let you all know when I do.

My father was like you too. Except my mother was mostly bedridden in her later years. So he did all the housework and cooking and took care of her. I did her baths and hair and stuff like that. My father also had a huge garden and canned his harvest and made the best pickles.

Maybe you could start reading the audio books that you listen to? I thought about trying some of them myself.
I do work every once in awhile, behind the scenes , for five minutes, on the set of Jerico, have an audio book project going now.

Attachments

• Jerihco.jpg
    Jerihco.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5
I do some writing , I advise on things related to my military service, like on a movie set, or mentor young service members, I do some things with music. enjoy meeting people, been invited to many things , been on TV, had a small program on radio, newspaper column, Retired from my day job now. Yes I am trying to add voice to my book.Born in Mobile, Alabama. John served in the United States Marines 1965-1971 Served in Viet Nam 1967-1969. Taught Vietnam War History ,He worked for the U.S. Treasury, worked for the Air force for six months before Retiring in 1981. He devoted his time to helping other Veterans, Service Officer, Commander Chapter 32 Ga., worked with Senators Sam Nunn, Congressman Newt Gingrich, State Senator Nathan Dean on Veterans Issues.

Attachments

• music.jpg
    music.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I do some writing , I advise on things related to my military service, like on a movie set, or mentor young service members, I do some things with music. enjoy meeting people, been invited to many things , been on TV, had a small program on radio, newspaper column, Retired from my day job now. Yes I am trying to add voice to my book.Born in Mobile, Alabama. John served in the United States Marines 1965-1971 Served in Viet Nam 1967-1969. Taught Vietnam War History ,He worked for the U.S. Treasury, worked for the Air force for six months before Retiring in 1981. He devoted his time to helping other Veterans, Service Officer, Commander Chapter 32 Ga., worked with Senators Sam Nunn, Congressman Newt Gingrich, State Senator Nathan Dean on Veterans Issues.
Very impressive! Sounds like you had a busy life and career.

Well, as much as I hate going to medical appointments, I have to go to one on Wednesday. A podiatrist to get my toenails trimmed or whatever needs to be done. I cannot see them to trim them and I have a couple growing weird now. I used to have such pretty ones too! Oh well. the hardest part is that I cannot stand having my feet touched.

I guess after that appointment, I need to make one for vision. The last time I went was in 2020, just before the quarantine started. I am not going back to that same one. I would like to find one near where I live, but I will have to find out about cost first. I know I can't afford the best one. I like to have one that will help me get glasses that fit properly.

I ordered some new clothes from Woman Within a few days ago and half of the order came today. Capris. I love them! So I had to wash them today, another day of laundry but this was only one load. Hanging in the shower now.

Today I was watching YouTube videos about clothing and fashion. Learning some new hacks for clothing you already have and how to pull together a fresher look. What got me interested in that was one of my favorite channels, Loving It On Keto with Wendy, the woman, Wendy always looks so attractive and fashionable. She is not a skinny minny, she is about my age and lately she had even been sick. But still she dresses attractively . And I have lots of clothing, jewelry & make-up. Just hardly any shoes. I have had a difficult time with buying those. My new pair of sketchers is the best shoes I ever bought (except my old pair of Talbots that is about worn out now).

I love the pair I bought a little bit ago. I will be looking at more when I decide to get another pair. So far I only have 2 pairs of shoes to wear and one is open sandals.
hahaha..you're the polar opposite to me , Kat. I know you have problems, which is sad... but it's just funny for me the shoe-aholic to see someone admit to only having 2 pairs of shoes...

I have 16 pairs of sketchers, and one pair of Addidas.. don't get me started on the boots and sandals...:ROFLMAO:

hahaha..you're the polar opposite to me , Kat. I know you have problems, which is sad... but it's just funny for me the shoe-aholic to see someone admit to only having 2 pairs of shoes...

I have 16 pairs of sketchers, and one pair of Addidas.. don't get me started on the boots and sandals...:ROFLMAO:
I have missed shoes. I used to always buy new boots every year and wore heels. Loved the look of higher heels (but not the high kind). Now I look for flats only.

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of your closet! I bet it would be very interesting. lol

well I forgot my levi Trainers as well.. this is my trainers cupboard ( I have frosted glass doors on the cupboard ) .. 16 pairs.. and one pair on my feet... makes 17..in total

The Levis are the pink ones 3rd from the left on the bottom shelf

trainers.jpg

I'll take a pic of my Boots cupboard shortly.. Sandals, flip flops and high heels shoes are stored under my sleigh bed.. so I won't go to the trouble of getting those out...

Had to cancel my appointment with the foot doctor today. Had a bad bloody nose and could not get it to stop. Sonny came here and he called our doctor's office and they had me talk to a emergency nurse on the phone. She told me what to do and to use saline nasal spray. Sonny went and got some for me and it works like a charm. I can actually breathe again. I was afraid to even move all day or it would start bleeding again.

I guess.......this means I need to make a doctor's appointment to see what can be done about this or if it is something I should be worrying about. The nurse did say this time of year a lot of people have these due to the dry heat. I have been using my new humidifier but turn it off at night or I freeze.

Pretty tired now.

Had to cancel my appointment with the foot doctor today. Had a bad bloody nose and could not get it to stop. Sonny came here and he called our doctor's office and they had me talk to a emergency nurse on the phone. She told me what to do and to use saline nasal spray. Sonny went and got some for me and it works like a charm. I can actually breathe again. I was afraid to even move all day or it would start bleeding again.

I guess.......this means I need to make a doctor's appointment to see what can be done about this or if it is something I should be worrying about. The nurse did say this time of year a lot of people have these due to the dry heat. I have been using my new humidifier but turn it off at night or I freeze.

Pretty tired now.
Rest up, my friend....it sounds like you had a rough day! Take care of yourself! 💖

Pretty tired now.
This stuff works for me.
https://www.ponaris.net/
ponaris.jpg

Hope you feel better!

Back