Reflections of My Life

I have been online for many years now and have always done work while online. I work a bit and then sit down at the computer. When I eat I usually eat at my computer since it on the table anyway. Normally though I watch YouTube when eating so I don't have to type. I cannot stand for long periods due to my knees so working in the kitchen for 5-10 minutes then sitting down for 10 has been working for me. I get a lot done. I make a list first thing and go from there.

I do see people face to face........almost daily. I have 3 different friends who come here often, two almost every day. I see people in the hall, laundry room at the dumpster or even in the parks. My son comes here almost every day but not for very long. My bf calls me every morning as soon as he wakes up and I talk to him several times through out the day. So not really lonely for personal contact.

As for my online contacts and in person contacts, they are not the same. I feel I share more personal conversations when I can write it down though. Like right here.
Thank you for sharing. There is always a need to consider what type of energy is brought into life.

My friend and I went for a walk today. It is the first time anyone has ever gone with me. It was nice. It hadn't gotten real hot but just as we were getting back I felt the heat. Glad to get back home. I managed to find a little bit of greens for my bunny boy. Now I am making more Keto Chow for the next four days. Then clean the cage and maybe put my feet up for a bit and watch some Judge Judy.

downtown.JPG

My friend and I went for a walk today. It is the first time anyone has ever gone with me. It was nice. It hadn't gotten real hot but just as we were getting back I felt the heat. Glad to get back home. I managed to find a little bit of greens for my bunny boy. Now I am making more Keto Chow for the next four days. Then clean the cage and maybe put my feet up for a bit and watch some Judge Judy.

View attachment 233017
Such a lovely town for a walk among the shops!

View attachment 233017
I think the buddy system is a wonderful idea.

It may inspire both of you to get out more and provide a little peace of mind to have a friend with you.

I think the buddy system is a wonderful idea.

It may inspire both of you to get out more and provide a little peace of mind to have a friend with you.
Already our other friend came here after I posted pictures of our walk on fakebook and wants to go with us the next time! The funny thing is all three of us are using walkers! There were lots of people out today with walkers. Usually there are more mobility scooters than anything else. Must be everyone felt like walking.

Tomorrow I am having three of my friends who live here to my apartment for coffee. It is just our time for "girl talk". I am looking forward to see what Rabbit thinks of this situation.

Sonny is out at the go-kart race tonight so I am going to hang out on my recliner and color while I watch Judge Judy. I am pretty tired out today. Probably will go to sleep early.

Tomorrow I am having three of my friends who live here to my apartment for coffee. It is just our time for "girl talk". I am looking forward to see what Rabbit thinks of this situation.

Sonny is out at the go-kart race tonight so I am going to hang out on my recliner and color while I watch Judge Judy. I am pretty tired out today. Probably will go to sleep early.
Watching Miss Judy right now on the DVR. I got used to watching when my Mom lived here. Now it just makes me feel better, I can pretend she is in her relciner.

I have started doing a kind of meditation that is called "emptying your mind." In the book, The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale he recommends doing this if you have things on your mind that you can't stop thinking about. It works especially well if you worry constantly about your health or someone else's health (but can be anything, financial, relationships, employment, etc.). I admit that I do. I reached a certain age and think my mother died at 78 and my grandmother at 79 and now I just turned 70. What does that mean? Of course, I could follow my Daddy and live to 93.

He says to visualize the words tranquility and serenity. I think I always knew this since I had named my homestead, Peaceful Forest and it was indeed, very peaceful. So I am making a vision board to stop my worrying about my health, Rabbit's health, my son's health and situation if something happens to me and of course, Sonny too.

Do you ever notice how you can feel good and be in a great mood and then one dismal word from someone or that you read online changes your whole mood and day? Sometimes it makes you worry for weeks or more. Now I am thinking positive no matter what someone says. I am noticing this in the people I am around. The ones that complain about their lives or what others are saying or doing seem to have health problems that are getting worse. You cannot always be in a good mood...........but I think you can talk yourself out of it.

pos.jpg

Today marked the first time I ever entertained anyone, besides Sonny or Jeff in my apartment. My three friends came over for coffee and we had such a good time. I was worried about how my coffee would turn out since I usually only make enough for three cups. I made enough for everyone to have two but nobody had two. Coffee in the afternoon isn't drank as much as morning coffee. So I saved what is left over and will make a cold coffee drink of some sort tomorrow. But not for my morning coffee...........that has to be HOT!

Rabbit did come out to see them, but did not stay after he knew they did not bring him any treats.

That new portable table is the best thing I ever bought.......well almost. I used it today and set it up by my recliner and chair so we could put our coffee on it. It is sturdy so not knocked over easy........especially with women used to using their walkers or chairs to get around.

Now I am tired and ready to go relax in my recliner and watch some Judge Judy and color for awhile. Haven't put my feet up all day, so need to do that.

Today marked the first time I ever entertained anyone, besides Sonny or Jeff in my apartment. My three friends came over for coffee and we had such a good time. I was worried about how my coffee would turn out since I usually only make enough for three cups. I made enough for everyone to have two but nobody had two. Coffee in the afternoon isn't drank as much as morning coffee. So I saved what is left over and will make a cold coffee drink of some sort tomorrow. But not for my morning coffee...........that has to be HOT!

Rabbit did come out to see them, but did not stay after he knew they did not bring him any treats.

That new portable table is the best thing I ever bought.......well almost. I used it today and set it up by my recliner and chair so we could put our coffee on it. It is sturdy so not knocked over easy........especially with women used to using their walkers or chairs to get around.

Now I am tired and ready to go relax in my recliner and watch some Judge Judy and color for awhile. Haven't put my feet up all day, so need to do that.
I wish I knew how to make a good cold coffee drink.

Yesterday I surprised myself with how much room this tiny apartment (338 sq. ft.) really has. The key I think, is to make sure all the pieces of furniture can be used for storage. Which I do. Except for the chairs, of course. When you live alone though you are free to make small spaces more comfortable. My table which is actually a dining/kitchen table but I have always used it for my laptop and related equipment. I never host a meal here unless is just Sonny and me. I always eat at my computer so I still have plenty of room on the table for any type of project I am working on.

The area I call my living room is my two chairs and the cedar chest which I use as a stand for the lamp and other things. It also holds my afghans. That is where we had our coffee. I sat on my walker even though I could have brought another seat there but I like sitting on my walker. It is comfortable. One friend sat on the chair that is at the table and just turned it around.

This is how I had it set up yesterday and you can see all the room we had.

coffee_guests.JPG

i have a portable table like yours.i love it too,perfect for eating and to put my laptop on.also my cat likes to lay on it!

I have two more cups of the homemade yogurt I made so I will be needing to buy more Fairlife milk to make more. Honestly this yogurt is better than any I have ever had before. Keto yogurt, full fat. If you are on a low carb/keto food plan you quickly discover how good fat is for you. Hard for some people to embrace that idea but it is true. We have been lied to for so many years that it is hard for people to make the change. But even doctors are coming around once they saw the results.

Sonny was supposed to go to a tractor pull today but due to the humid weather he has decided not to go. I am glad. He usually pushes himself to do these events and they are outside. I refuse to go to anything outside when it is hot. So he has to go by himself but once he gets there he knows a ton of people. Especially if it is a racing event. I think his little dog is happy that he is staying home!

I am waiting for Sonny to pick me up. All ready. I am nervous because I am always scared when going to a dentist. This one is doubly scary because these dentists and oral surgeons are not anyone I know and feel trust for. But lots of people go there and the office is always full. Poor people of course but that is what I am now. They are going to put me to sleep and I am scared of that too. But that is not happening today. Just a consult with the oral surgeon.

I did not eat anything and had my coffee earlier when I first got up. Now drinking a glass of water. I never drink anything when having to go to Binghamton because I do not want to have to use a public bathroom. So hopefully this water will not affect me later. I think after my appointment Sonny might want to go to the truckstop to eat. If so I already know what I will order........2 bacon cheeseburgers, no bun, no fries.......maybe lettuce and tomato or broccoli. Don't want to screw up how well I am doing on keto and gain weight overnight due to a meal out.

I am waiting for Sonny to pick me up. All ready. I am nervous because I am always scared when going to a dentist. This one is doubly scary because these dentists and oral surgeons are not anyone I know and feel trust for. But lots of people go there and the office is always full. Poor people of course but that is what I am now. They are going to put me to sleep and I am scared of that too. But that is not happening today. Just a consult with the oral surgeon.

I did not eat anything and had my coffee earlier when I first got up. Now drinking a glass of water. I never drink anything when having to go to Binghamton because I do not want to have to use a public bathroom. So hopefully this water will not affect me later. I think after my appointment Sonny might want to go to the truckstop to eat. If so I already know what I will order........2 bacon cheeseburgers, no bun, no fries.......maybe lettuce and tomato or broccoli. Don't want to screw up how well I am doing on keto and gain weight overnight due to a meal out.
Good luck Kat, don't be scared, it's only a consultation...and anyway when you do eventually go.. if they put you to sleep you won't feel anything.. so try and keep calm.. 🤗

Good luck Kat, don't be scared, it's only a consultation...and anyway when you do eventually go.. if they put you to sleep you won't feel anything.. so try and keep calm.. 🤗
I walk into the office and the receptionist said they tried to call me to cancel my appointment but my box was full! So no appointment today. They told me to call...........they could not make the new appointment right there in the office????? I will call and reschedule.

So instead Sonny took me out to eat. My pick! We went to the truck stop which I love. I was doing a 21 hour intermitten fast so was looking forward to eating. It was very good and we enjoyed it. On the way home we stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things and groceries for Jeff. Dropped some of them off at his apartment. I brought some of his to my apartment so I will have some back up food for him.

Walmart's prices was super high today. Way more than it was on the 3rd.

It is a kind of gloomy gray day here this morning. May have been some sprinkling, I don't know for sure. It is 75 degrees outside but even with my air conditioning on a lower setting, it is still cold in here. I opened my door to the hall and it is hot and humid out there. So keeping it on for now anyway. If I get too cold, I will turn it off.

Yesterday I got the free produce coupons which is NYS program and you have to use them for local grown produce. But only certain places to go to use them. I think we only have one here that I can use. They listed the farmers' market in the park but I never see them out there anymore. Since 2019 or if they are there they are selling things not produce. Maybe some honey or maple syrup. Nothing I want. Anyway they used to give you $20 worth of coupons and they gave me $25. yesterday.

I think it was just in time! At Walmart yesterday, the produce area was pitiful! I was fortunate to get the last package of spring mix for my bunny. No berries. So I bought him a package of frozen blueberries. But when I get to the produce place I will see what I can get. Thinking of getting broccoli and cauliflower and then blanching and freezing it. Maybe do the same.....well not the blanching part, with blueberries for him. He will eat them frozen.

Nobody has been working on the elevator due to the elevator company is having trouble finding whatever part it is that is needed. They said it was old when it was put in here and now that part (or those parts, I don't know what is needed) is difficult to find. I would be happy if they just replace it even though I know it would mean I was going to be inside my apartment for weeks. The way my knees are today and the last couple of days (ever since I took that walk with my friend) I could not do the stairs or even attempt it.

My biggest fear is that they close it for good and do not replace it. Many of us living on the 2nd and 3rd floors would probably have to move. And that is the last thing I would want to do. Conifer is a huge corporation and I am sure they can afford replacing it. It is just that I have the feeling they ignore our building. On their website for our apartment building they have a stock picture of a lake and dock...........no lake here in downtown Norwich. Actually it is a historic building so you would think they would put up the actual picture of it.

This morning I am not feeling so good. My neck is stiff and I am not sure what is up with that. Just trying to move it a bit to work that out. Coffee helps.....

Didn't feel like cooking tonight so I put together a dish of keto cold food, pepperoni slices, pepper jack cheese cubes, cream cheese and guacamole. Finger food. Used to be when I was in a mood like I am today I would want some high carb junk food. No more. Eating this way is not a diet, keto is definitely a lifestyle. That is why if you think of it as a diet it doesn't work for you.

I started watching a movie and will go back to it after I finish eating. I normally do not watch television during the day, mostly on the computer or listening to music. But today I watched a couple of movies. Just one of those days I guess.

This morning Rabbit woke me up by running real fast throughout the apartment. Around the furniture through his alleys that I have made for him. He was trying to wake me up and it worked. Now he is stretched out after this breakfast almost asleep again.

The fair opened this week here so last night we had the pleasure of listening to very LOUD fireworks after we (Rabbit and me) went to bed. Normally Rabbit does not act scared of them. Last night he did. Went to the far corner underneath the vanity and stayed there. But in the alert mode..........ready to run if needed. I kept talking to him and turned the television on and up but it did not drown out the noise. I couldn't help but think of all the poor dogs that live close to the fairgrounds. Just too loud as far as I am concerned.

Today I am going to make ground beef & hot sausage with dehydrated onion, celery and peppers. Maybe make a stuffler with that inside for the stuffing. A pan of the meat mixture will usually last me a few days. I did not eat enough food the last couple of days, especially the protein. Not eating enough will stall your progress. It is funny that your whole life you are told to eat less when in fact you need to eat more. More of the protein and fat. Less carbs.

I am also going to experiment with the cold coffee I saved in the refrigerator. I want to make a iced coffee that is good but not sweet. The trouble with some of the unsweetened ones is that they still put too much of a sweetener in them. Less is better in my opinion.

Sitting in the park this morning I could see my apartment building. It was a quiet day because it is Free Seniors Day at the county fair. Most of the people out on their walkers and scooters went to the fair. I think the lure of the Bingo game there got their attention. Not for me! I like the quiet in the park today.

home.JPG

Back