Refrigerator!!

Ken N Tx

MALE
Our 18 year old side by side refrigerator bit the dust Wednesday night!!
Thursday morning checked Home Depot Website, 40% off appliances!! Off we go to get a new one..
The wife found the one she wanted, salesman says sale ended Wednesday!!!!!:upset:
Left the store $1,800 poorer!!! Living out of coolers until next Wednesday...

Ouch!

We've come a long way in the last hundred years, no turning back now!

1927fridge1.jpg

Our 18 year old side by side refrigerator bit the dust Wednesday night!!
Thursday morning checked Home Depot Website, 40% off appliances!! Off we go to get a new one..
The wife found the one she wanted, salesman says sale ended Wednesday!!!!!:upset:
Left the store $1,800 poorer!!! Living out of coolers until next Wednesday...
Our last fridge was over 20 years old and we got a new fridge from Home Depot this year and I’m thrilled with it.
It’s a 36 inch 2 door fridge with the ice maker/ cold water outlet and bottom freezer. I love it .
It was on sale :playful::eek:nthego:
Thats great that you’ve got a new one though AND just remember Ken,
happy wife , happy life. It’s all good. :grin:

That's a nice refrigerator Ken. I hope you are very happy with it. I'm still fuming over my new washer I bought several months ago.I can't fill it to soak clothes. Who would have thought?

I noticed that as well on the new front loaders. If I want to soak clothes I have to put them in the laundry tub.

That was one huge advantage of the top loaders. And if you felt like it on the top loaders you could give it an extra rinse or an extra spin. There was more control.

I have to use the commercial washers in my apartment. Once the door is locked, that's it until the cycle is finished. You can't even stop it to throw in that extra sock that showed up.

Ken I'd be more than happy to store those bags of crappie and catfish fillets for you till your new refrigerator arrives.....want me to drive down this morning and pick them up ? :)

Ken I'd be more than happy to store those bags of crappie and catfish fillets for you till your new refrigerator arrives.....want me to drive down this morning and pick them up ? :)
You are free to drive down,but they have been consumed!!

That's a nice refrigerator Ken. I hope you are very happy with it. I'm still fuming over my new washer I bought several months ago.I can't fill it to soak clothes. Who would have thought?

On most washers if the washer lid is up the wash cycle doesn't start once the selected level is reached. Or you can stop the fill when you have enough water in the washer to soak what ever amount you want to soak.

Our refrigerator freezer started icing up this past Winter. I took a chance and ordered a defrost control, and freezer thermocouple online, and had them 3 days later. It took me about an hour to replace the parts, and several months later, everything is still working properly. It's nice to spend $75, to save the substantial cost of a new appliance. I like to fix things, and the savings, over the years, have been well worth the time and effort.

I'm still fuming over my new washer I bought several months ago.I can't fill it to soak clothes. Who would have thought?

This sounds like you have one of those washers that makes all the decisions for you. I purchased one of these about a year or two ago and hated it! It decided everything for me including how much water I needed. I returned it and purchased a refurbished machine and love it! I make all the decisions with this one just like the old ones did! These new machines would be fine if we could disable the automatic decision making and could make the decisions for ourselves if we wanted to!

Finally!!!!!! After 6 days with living out of coolers we have refridgeration!!! Our new fridge was delivered yesterday.

My fridge is also 18 years old. So far, so good.

But now that I live alone, my next fridge will be small, simple and hopefully cheap.

Back