Retro British chocolate bars

Furryanimal

I loved bar six.What did you like out of this selection?
If you aren't British what was a favourite in your country?

hollydolly

5 Centres... but there's a lot not in that list that I liked as a kid... one of them was a Tiffin Bar...

..and the other was Milk tray in a bar

..then there were these...

hollydolly

yes the lime was very nice... :D

..and that's just a sample of the chocolate from back in the day, there was loads more.. and before we even get started oon the sweets (candy)

Aunt Bea

Another vote for the Cadbury Milk Tray and also the Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar.

In the US it would be Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or a Butterfinger.

Furryanimal

Original Poster
5 Centres... but there's a lot not in that list that I liked as a kid... one of them was a Tiffin Bar...

..and the other was Milk tray in a bar

..then there were these...

i don't remember dipped flake but those milk tray bars I had loads of.

Wren

Fry’s Five Boys was a solid milk chocolate bar that was once the most recognised chocolate bar in the world. It was still being sold until its withdrawal in 1976.
Beneath each face was a caption:
‘Desperation, Pacification, Expectation, Acclamation, Realization’

FEAC2DED-9F2B-46FE-946F-05E37F91050F.jpeg

Camper6

If a number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still number 2?

It will always be number 2 because that's the grade of hardness in the lead which is actually graphite.

HB is the softest.

RadishRose

For some reason, I went to Wiki about these candies and the amount of info and changes for these products is incredible!

Then I remembered the Mars "Forever Yours". It was pretty old, since 1926 I think, discontinued and replaced by Milky Way "Midnight". The difference was the outer chocolate on the Milky Way was milk chocolate and on the Midnight, it is dark.

moviequeen1

When I was in girls boarding school in Toronto in the late 60's,I loved Cadbury milk chocolate bars,I still do,can buy them here
Hershey's milk chocolate bars,kisses,Milky Way

jujube

There was a Cadbury's fruit and nut egg that I'd buy by the dozens every time I'd go over to Windsor from Detroit. It wasn't sold in the US, so I'd have to "smuggle" it in....LOL.

I don't know any of the British bars except for the KitKat Bar.

As a kid, one of my favorites was the "Sky Bar", which came in four segments with different fillings. I fondly remember that my grandpa would buy me one and he'd eat one segment and I'd get the other three. My grandpa was the bestest!

Pappy

Living the Dream
Around the holidays, my boss would bring in Turkey Joints. I had never heard of them before and were darn good. Think I’ll go online and see if I can find them.

Tommy

Long ago, I worked for a guy who was a recent transplant from northern England. He had mentioned that he really missed a certain kind of "jelly babies" (... I could swear it was Dunhill's, but I searched online for "Dunhill's Jelly Babies" and found nothing.) At any rate, on a trip to London, Ontario I found the candy he'd mentioned in a shop and bought some for him. He was pleased.

Was there ever a candy called "Dunhill's Jelly Babies"?

Furryanimal

Original Poster
Long ago, I worked for a guy who was a recent transplant from northern England. He had mentioned that he really missed a certain kind of "jelly babies" (... I could swear it was Dunhill's, but I searched online for "Dunhill's Jelly Babies" and found nothing.) At any rate, on a trip to London, Ontario I found the candy he'd mentioned in a shop and bought some for him. He was pleased.

Was there ever a candy called "Dunhill's Jelly Babies"?
yes-they are in this link-
http://www.angliansweetanddrink.co.uk/uploads/attachments/products.pdf
they were mini ones.