riverine forces

Yea, cdestroyer thanks for link
semi-friend at work had fat book on brown navy, many years ago. that was only one I've ever seen. He was a tad 'screwed up,' but that was not discussed.

Saw 'Das Boat' yesterday, that is the best Submarine movie, loved how the
sub was searching the Atlantic for conveys, found nothing. Surfaced in force 10 gale, another U-boat was a few 100 yards from them. The only boat they could locate.
'We patrol the ocean and the only think we can find is another sub, darn lucky
we didn't have a collision.'
Love the movie, no pretty boys, hard-ass sailors trying to do their job in extreme environments.
No hero's, just swabies doing as directed Regardless Of Circumstances.

It is on the web.

Yea, cdestroyer thanks for link
semi-friend at work had fat book on brown navy, many years ago. that was only one I've ever seen. He was a tad 'screwed up,' but that was not discussed.

Saw 'Das Boat' yesterday, that is the best Submarine movie, loved how the
sub was searching the Atlantic for conveys, found nothing. Surfaced in force 10 gale, another U-boat was a few 100 yards from them. The only boat they could locate.
'We patrol the ocean and the only think we can find is another sub, darn lucky
we didn't have a collision.'
Love the movie, no pretty boys, hard-ass sailors trying to do their job in extreme environments.
No hero's, just swabies doing as directed Regardless Of Circumstances.

It is on the web.
I thought “K19–The Widowmaker” was the best sub movie I watched. I also liked “Run Silent, Run Deep,” but that movie is really old.
In K19, I thought Liam set up the seaman that wanted to take over the sub. What do you think?

Nathan: good site, lots of info-thanks.....how come so little is mentioned on Brown Water Navy?

Back