Romance is ageless for the Romantic

One of my friends told me the other day that I'm a hopeless romantic after I sent her one of the songs I had been listening to. I guess I am. She knew just who I was thinking about while I listened to that song. LOL :D
I am not sure that I would ever describe a Romantic as hopeless.

Life would be hopelessly boring without them and the music, art and beauty that flows from their imaginations. Humanity absolutely must have them.

So treasure the romantics among us!

Romance is mostly in my mind like a what if.
So here is one of my What IF's

If I touched your fingertips with mine could you feel me?

Not just our fingers touching but could we touch the being within.

Could we let our fingers meet and gaze into each others eyes for a long moment?

If in that moment we let the rest of the world pass away so there was only us and only this moment could we see one another?

Let us meld into the soft gaze of each other’s eyes, see beyond the color of our iris, beyond the glossy black of the pupil and into the depths of our soul.

Science says that even as our fingers seem to touch they do not actually touch but rather our energy field touches their energy field. This is a fact we can draw on by knowing that we are touching more than each others skin. Feeling more than a physical touch and actually connecting energies. Allow yourself to expand on that thought and feel the greater energy field that flows between us.

Imagine your energy as red and mine as blue, wherever the two meet, there is purple. It is shades of lavendar light created between our fingertips and glowing from our palms.

You can see the reflection in our eyes as we look deeper into each other. Can you see me?

I can see you, The you without the physical body, The you that is more magnificent than we could imagine.

The lavender light grows from within as we see more and feel more of whom we are.

I feel as though I am seeing the archetype you, The you that was before you were you, The innocent, the seeker, the caregiver and warrior. These aspects of you dance in my minds eye as you open to me. The jester, the orphan, the lover and the magician are all part of the mystery that is you. The lavender spreads as we merge into one another’s aura until is seems to swirl around us. There is a sharing between us that is greater that the pressing of our flesh to one another, deeper that the joining of bodies in passion. It is more than seeing through eyes, it is the union so many seek, the union referred to as the Biblical knowing. When two come together and create something together that is more beautiful than either of the two individually.

If I touched my fingertips to yours, could you feel me?
This is absolutely beautiful and amazing!

Romance is always alive. I grew up watching my grandfather patting my grandma on the butt and saying I love you baby. Most times she would swat him away but once in awhile she would turn her head for a smooch. I am a toucher, I like holding hands when I walk with a lover. It has been years ago since a lover held my hand but I do remember and hold love and romance in my thoughts often.
How do you keep romance alive?
What makes your heart strings sing?
I am not romantic any more, sadly. Other things are more important to me.

Back