Sad Thanksgiving 2020

Yes, there was always a mob of us, but this year it is just my son and I. His father in law asked us to join them, but his wife is a Pediatrician and is still working, so we said, no thank you. I don't know why she doesn't retire since she is well into her 70s and can hardly walk. She only does baby clinics in the towns of her area, but she is in contact with too many people daily.

Yes only gonna be me, hubs and daughter this year... but that's fantastic for me, because we haven't spent a Christmas with daughter for about 3 years or more.. so it was unexpected that she would be here this year.

That said.. it's all so sad that families can't be together this year... but at least we have technology which can make it seem like you're together.

One way is to Zoom Christmas dinner .. That is.. all have dinner at the same time, and set up a Zoom connection so you feel as though you're all in the same room or the same dining table. ..or you could perhaps Zoom present opening time or some such thing so it feels like you still have your family or friends there

sad is it all may be, at least it will keep you alive.. :love:

Last edited:
Going to the cabin for Thanksgiving
My lady
My son
and our two granddaughters

Gotta take the Jeep, as they have some pretty good snow up there
Kinda hate the thought of freezing our butts off in the Jeep for 50 miles
(don't tell anyone, but it'd hafta be pretty darn cold for my lady to freeze hers off)

Anyway, It'll be good once there

fire.jpg

df99946fc5f14a97e3130aec8dce1482.jpg

We were going to have our "soul daughter and grand daughter" as we call them, in as usual. They live about 1-1/2 hours north of us, but we all decided not to this year. Better to be cautious rather than crushed.

We can all get through this "together, online"...lets all check in on Thanksgiving and give thanks for each other. Today's technology allows us to share so much more even when not physically present.

I'm having Thanksgiving at my daughter's this year. I spend quite bit of time around their family, and don't feel it's uncharted territory to visit on Thanksgiving.
The kids are constantly being tested at school for Covid, and have been since August when they went back to in person learning.

Rest of the family is at some distance, and we'll be in touch with them.

We haven't been involved in a family Thanksgiving since we left So California in 2002. Wife's sister did fly to Colorado to see us for Thanksgiving in 2003.

So, for the last 16 years it has just been wife and I, just like it will be this year. But, this year, we are making Thanksgiving Dinner for ourselves, instead of going out. That way, we don't have to wear a mask or social distance. LOL

We were going to have our "soul daughter and grand daughter" as we call them, in as usual. They live about 1-1/2 hours north of us, but we all decided not to this year. Better to be cautious rather than crushed.

We can all get through this "together, online"...lets all check in on Thanksgiving and give thanks for each other. Today's technology allows us to share so much more even when not physically present.
I think that's a good idea.

Back