San Francisco's Millennium Tower Now Tilting 26 Inches.

City is still trying to settle on the best fix.

Update: San Francisco's Millennium Tower is now 26 inches off center, with 10 inches of that tilt occurring last year while work on a supposed fix was underway, according to the project's chief engineer. A retrofit was halted in the summer after the building sank further into soft soil, with engineers last month blaming soil removal and vibration as six steel support piles were installed in August, per NBC

https://www.newser.com/story/310321/repairs-might-have-made-millennium-tower-sink-more.html

Seriously, who would live there. That place and the city. I love SF. I walked by myself from downtown to the wharf, about 1990, no one bothered me. It's (was) a beautiful city. Even when my mother's brother and his wife visited from Germany in the early 80's they couldn't get over that it looked just like the TV show The Streets of San Francisco. I guess they got it on TV in Germany.

I don't know how this debacle is going to end. Can't help but feel bad for people who bought into the place.

Seriously, who would live there. That place and the city. I love SF. I walked by myself from downtown to the wharf, about 1990, no one bothered me. It's (was) a beautiful city. Even when my mother's brother and his wife visited from Germany in the early 80's they couldn't get over that it looked just like the TV show The Streets of San Francisco. I guess they got it on TV in Germany.

I don't know how this debacle is going to end. Can't help but feel bad for people who bought into the place.
We used to visit there in the 90's and loved it. Quaint shops and charming places to visit.

Tech companies have moved in. The quaint stores have been replaced by chain stores. Homelessness has increased due to the rise in housing costs. Not the same city it used to be. Nothing charming about it anymore. And this monstrosity, The Millennium Tower, built due to the need for real estate, is just another example of what has happened to a once great city.

Same can be said for Austin, TX.

Back