sleigh bells
knickknacks
antique laundry plunger
teacup
vintage quack medicine bottle
silver compote
silver dish

total $16.50

And yet it seemed like there was just as much as when I started.
I think you did great, Deb!

Do I see another sale or two before the fall weather rolls in?

Will depend on the weather and my ambition level. I have a back porch full of Christmas decorations. About 5 years ago, I tried selling them in what I advertised as "Beat Black Friday Sale" on the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving. I did pretty well. The next year nobody stopped.

Do you have any Cambridge glass for sale? Look on the bottom of the glassware. If you see a triangle with the letter “C” inside of the triangle, that’s a Cambridge signature.

Please let me know.

Packing up the unsold items is fairly strenuous, also.

I am still trying to figure out a FB friend (she also worked in the home delivered meals program) that said to let her know about my last two sales. She never showed up at either. I PMed her and she said she's been sick. I don't see how someone could be sick for 3 weeks. And why would she asked to be reminded of the second sale if she was sick or why hasn't she seen a doctor? But she PMed me this morning about a stoneware cooking set I have. Go figure.

stoneware.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing story on the stoneware baking dishes.

The person that wanted them said she'd come to get them at 10 am today. That time came and went, so at noon I PMed her. She said she forgot she had a baby sitting job in the morning and would come in the early afternoon. It is now almost 3 pm. I PM her again and said I would be available until 5. She responded that the baby sitting was taking longer than expected and would it be okay if she came tomorrow morning. I said okay. About an hour later my PM messenger dinged and the message said that she forgot she had a beauty salon appointment in the morning and asked if could she come later in the afternoon. I asked her for a more definite time and, so far, have not had a reply. I can't get my head around how she can be so sick all the time and forget her appointments. Sounds like a flake to me.

Interesting

"About an hour later my PM messenger dinged"

Does it really matter what time she shows up? If you happen to be away looking at homes for sale she will probably message you again.

She’s missing out on a good buy if she doesn’t get those pottery dishes. I’m presuming that’ they’re hand thrown.

If someone else comes along, sell them.

Maybe she has dementia. More likely a self-centred flake.

I had a PM from her today asking for my phone number and saying that at this point she didn't know when she would be able to come to get the dishes and would call me when she could. Now I've wasted 3 days waiting for her to get going on this. She lives around 2 miles form me - it's not like she had to drive up from Albany.

I had a PM from her today asking for my phone number and saying that at this point she didn't know when she would be able to come to get the dishes and would call me when she could. Now I've wasted 3 days waiting for her to get going on this. She lives around 2 miles form me - it's not like she had to drive up from Albany.
I would have told her I would sell them if someone else wanted them before she could come around.

would have told her I would sell them if someone else wanted them before she could come around.
Let her know this. It seems like she’s playing games.

How much are you asking for these? Did she see them at your garage sale or on an online ad? If online, I’d put them back up for sale. She can take her chances.

Are you selling anything this week end Deb? I would like to have a yard sale and I have tons of stuff to put in it. I used to have one or 2 each year for the last 15 years. The last time a couple years ago we had a few bad experiences with people "high" coming in to our sale!! We don't need that stress. One lady drove in our drive way right in the middle of our sale in a big 4 wheel drive pick up, and there is plenty of room to park outside our gate. She wanted to get her "friendly" (according to her) pitt bulls out to play with our tiny Seth and Minnie Mouse. She was higher than a kite and didn't seem to understand that Seth and Minnie would attack her dogs and then don't tell me her dogs wouldn't fight back. A few other bad experiences has shut down our sales here in the mts. I can haul my stuff to LA and have a sale in my son's yard, which is huge, but it'd sure be a lot of trouble to transport it.

Attachments

• IMG_2262 (2).JPG
    IMG_2262 (2).JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 6
I won't be having a sale again right away. I guess if you want to have one, you have to expect some "characters". The ones that bother me most are the looky-loos, people just driving around and looking for something to do with no real intention of buying anything or just looking for a super fantastic bargain, like a Ming vase for 10 cents.

Are you selling anything this week end Deb? I would like to have a yard sale and I have tons of stuff to put in it. I used to have one or 2 each year for the last 15 years. The last time a couple years ago we had a few bad experiences with people "high" coming in to our sale!! We don't need that stress. One lady drove in our drive way right in the middle of our sale in a big 4 wheel drive pick up, and there is plenty of room to park outside our gate. She wanted to get her "friendly" (according to her) pitt bulls out to play with our tiny Seth and Minnie Mouse. She was higher than a kite and didn't seem to understand that Seth and Minnie would attack her dogs and then don't tell me her dogs wouldn't fight back. A few other bad experiences has shut down our sales here in the mts. I can haul my stuff to LA and have a sale in my son's yard, which is huge, but it'd sure be a lot of trouble to transport it.
There's my little Sweetie!

Back