Science Fiction

Wow...10 to 15 5 times! You got me beat. Yeah...I loved Randy Quaid in that, especially when he was finally vindicated. I really loved how Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum played off each other. My favorite scene is when they landed from the fight with the aliens and were walking to meet their loved ones and the president, especially Jeff Goldblum's walk...OMG! :love:

Did you see the second one...Independence Day Resurgence? I saw it in the theater and was disappointed. I was thinking that maybe if I see it again, I'll like it better. :unsure:

Yes, I saw the second one. Agree, no where nearly as good as the first.

We've started watching The Man Who Fell to Earth series on the Showtime channel; never saw the orig. movie but are really liking this one so far.

View attachment 218966
Officer...it has the potential to be really good. How he got to where he is (professionally) from his first experiences as an alien intrigued me. The lead actor is such a pleasure to watch. But I hate that they use the F word every other sentence...several times per sentence!! The lead actress even used the MF word! Those things are a major turn off for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the first two episodes were on Paramount+. They were streaming it "for a limited time". My son watched most of the 2 episodes with me after he got home from work. He even said the woman was a "potty mouth" but it held his interest too. I'm going to try to get through episode 3...perhaps I'll mute it and just do closed captions. :sneaky: If doing it that way isn't a hassle, I'll probably continue to watch.

I really like the A Quiet Place movies, although I liked the original better than 2. The notion of vicious, predatory aliens that hunt by sound arriving unexpectedly and driving humanity to a hidden, secretive existence generates edge of the seat tension. These are chilling Sci-Fi/ Horror movies…

View attachment 219182
This sounds like my sort of tale....I must look out for it. I much prefer realistic stories, something which is actually possible.

The Orville, used to watch that, enjoyed it but for whatever reason lost track of the show. Another show in the genre- Star Trek Discovery. I watched first 2 seasons on CBS All Access. I would bing the episodes then cancel All Access until the next season. I got some catching up to do, it's been a couple years.
It got to a point where I refused to subscribe to CBS All Access and said I never would again. But guess what? Now that they've morphed to Paramount+, I'm a subscriber. P+ has more of a variety of programming from other than CBS's network. I mainly subscribed because of the shows Evil and Equalizer. Then I found out I like Ghosts. P+ is clever because they've spread out the Equalizer episodes otherwise I'd have paused it for about 6 months. An online friend is into ST Discovery and so is my Honorary Son. I started watching it but never got through the first episode. I intend to return to it though. My ADD brain keeps craving new and different things to watch and I got sidetracked by things that held my interest better. In the meantime, I've found other shows on P+ that I'm interested in: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and the Aerial America series. I may wind up not pausing my subscription at all.

I don't know how I didn't make this one of my first posts because it's one of my favorites that I've also watched more than once. I loved everything about this movie. The soundtrack was perfectly coordinated to fit the action. I paid more than I ever did for the CD because I had to have the soundtrack. I loved that Brucie starred in it and of course the futuristic stuff was really cool.

Milla Jovovich is from Kyiv, Ukraine!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milla_Jovovich

I've got that bookmarked on Netflix. Speaking of period pieces on Netflix, Seven Years in Tibet looks interesting.
You're welcome, of course. I'll have to check out "Seven Years....". I'll be interested to know what you think about Extinction. Those I know who watched it really liked it and I liked it way more than I expected to.

Well, sh*t; I just now noticed that this is going to be only shown on Hulu...I don't have Hulu...yet, bwahahaha.
If you haven't had Hulu for more than a year or never had Hulu, you can sign up to get your first month free. I believe you are not obligated to continue the subscription and can cancel at any time. https://signup.hulu.com/plans
Speaking of which, I just started watching a cute half hour show, really geared to children and family called Endlings. It's a Hulu original. Sometimes I just need fun, uncomplicated T.V. to take me away from reality. I'll be checking out that Predator prequel.

Another one I can't believe I'm just posting. I loved this series so much I watched it in it's entirety at least twice. My nephew put the entire series on DVD for me I raved about it so much. I am watching the first episode again today and may continue from time to time. I loved Henry (Joe Morton), aJack of all trades genius and Sheriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson), a man of "normal" intelligence who comes to Eureka, a town full of geniuses and somehow always winds up being the hero.

Another one I can't believe I'm just posting. I loved this series so much I watched it in it's entirety at least twice. My nephew put the entire series on DVD for me I raved about it so much. I am watching the first episode again today and may continue from time to time. I loved Henry (Joe Morton), aJack of all trades genius and Sheriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson), a man of "normal" intelligence who comes to Eureka, a town full of geniuses and somehow always winds up being the hero.

My wife loved Eureka, used to watch it a lot.

Not that I didn't like it, just was doing other things at the time and never got around to it...

Back