Scuba Diving Certification

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
At the beginning of the COVID-19 virus shutdown I had an video interview with my primary physician for medical clearance to undergo scuba diving certification. My primary gave the ok if I passed a stress test scheduled for Tuesday 5/26/2020, If I pass then scuba diving lessons begin mid-June.

I think scuba diving will be enormously interesting, it requires an accumulative of skills, there are risks and not everybody scuba dives

I once held an “Open Water Certification.” Last summer, my wife, daughter and grandson visited Key West, which is well known for its scuba diving everything. My grandson said he would like to try it, so my daughter says to get grandpa to go along. Oh, no! Well, we had to attend a short informative course and could only dive 25 feet, which was good for me. I had only dived for 3 years and then lost interest. While diving in Key West, we saw sharks, but they were nurse sharks, which were new to me.

It was fun, but I’m not ready to rush out and buy a $1000 in gear to start again. Besides, as much as I enjoyed doing it with my grandson, I didn’t really feel comfortable. I had a friend (passed away) who was a Cave Diver. He would travel down to Mexico to dive and even went to Australia. Cave diving is very dangerous and really never interested me.

He once told me that on a dive, they had gone back into a cave some 50-60 feet. When he went to come back out of the cave, he couldn’t get out of one of the passages because his tank was stuck. He finally decided to turn sideways and got out.

Last edited:
At the beginning of the COVID-19 virus shutdown I had an video interview with my primary physician for medical clearance to undergo scuba diving certification. My primary gave the ok if I passed a stress test scheduled for Tuesday 5/26/2020, If I pass then scuba diving lessons begin mid-June.

I think scuba diving will be enormously interesting, it requires an accumulative of skills, there are risks and not everybody scuba dives
So, how long before you get certified, maybe 3 lessons? How deep are you planning to dive? I recommend buying your own equipment, not renting it.

tenor.gif

Back