Second wave hoarding?

@Aneeda72, check out Walmart for the paper plates. I use them when we go camping and they had a good supply in the summer. Good quality too, not just those horrid styrofoam ones.

Ugh...a few months is a long time to go without satisfactory toilet paper! I'm tender and just any ole TP will not do. Scott gets an F+ so I still have 11 rolls sitting here; Charmin cost $5 dollars more than Kirkland (Costco brand). Kirkland lasts a month longer than Charmin. Rubbing alcohol and Lysol have been out of stock at Costco since the pandemic started, so have Kirkland disinfectant wipes. Those are products I used often, even before COVID.
Sometime between Oct & Dec 2019, I ordered 8 cans of GreatValue (Walmart brand) disinfectant spray. Little did I know I'd wouldn't be able to get it online or in the stores when they ran out. When COVID hit, I had 1 can left. Finally after 6 months and trying several brands of TP, some given to me by a senior organization, my son finally brought a bundle of Kirkland TP. He also managed to get two 16 oz bottles of alcohol from Walmart. I'm telling ya...I felt like I'd hit the lottery! I'm not going to lie...I haven't started that bundle of TP yet but if I can get another one before winter...I will do it. :LOL:

Ugh...a few months is a long time to go without satisfactory toilet paper! I'm tender and just any ole TP will not do. Scott gets an F+ so I still have 11 rolls sitting here; Charmin cost $5 dollars more than Kirkland (Costco brand). Kirkland lasts a month longer than Charmin. Rubbing alcohol and Lysol have been out of stock at Costco since the pandemic started, so have Kirkland disinfectant wipes. Those are products I used often, even before COVID.
Sometime between Oct & Dec 2019, I ordered 8 cans of GreatValue (Walmart brand) disinfectant spray. Little did I know I'd wouldn't be able to get it online or in the stores when they ran out. When COVID hit, I had 1 can left. Finally after 6 months and trying several brands of TP, some given to me by a senior organization, my son finally brought a bundle of Kirkland TP. He also managed to get two 16 oz bottles of alcohol from Walmart. I'm telling ya...I felt like I'd hit the lottery! I'm not going to lie...I haven't started that bundle of TP yet but if I can get another one before winter...I will do it. :LOL:
OneEyed. Could it be that Mr. Whipple, is sneaking into your house and stealing the Charmin, hence why the Kirkland brand lasts longer? :)

dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/e/7/e7bda3...

OneEyed. Could it be that Mr. Whipple, is sneaking into your house and stealing the Charmin, hence why the Kirkland brand lasts longer? :)

dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/e/7/e7bda3...
Aaah...I remember Mr. Whipple. :LOL: Nope...just me in here. Charmin is wonderfully soft but Kirkland remains my preferred brand and believe me, I've tried many to make sure I didn't get even close to running out. I have a thing about having more than enough TP. Another brand I like is Walgreens brand Complete Home super soft. I'd buy that if I run out of Kirkland again. It lasts about the same amount of time as Charmin but costs 10 cents less per roll.

Last edited:
Aaah...I remember Mr. Whipple. :LOL: Nope...just me in here. Charmin is wonderfully soft but Kirkland remains my preferred brand and believe me, I've tried many to make sure I didn't get even close to running out. I have a thing about having more than enough TP. Another brand I like is Walgreens brand Complete Home extra soft and I'd seek to buy that if I run out of Kirkland again. It lasts about the same amount of time as Charmin but costs 10 cents less per roll.
I couldn't resist posting a little tidbit on Mr. Whipple, when I see your post OneEyed! :)

Good on you for finding a brand that gives you the best bang for the buck. Not an easy task nowadays considering how many brands the market has.

Where I live, I couldn't get paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex, freezer bags, paper plates & toilet bowl cleaner. First time in 8 months that I was able to buy Clorox wipes.

Shortages have started up again according to my husband who goes to the grocery store now that he is retired. I haven't been to a grocery store in about 2 months. Hubby said they have no toilet paper, paper products and/or Clorox products. He couldn't even find Jasmine rice. Unreal.
+1 on TP and paper towels being gone. I did score a 5 pound bag of Jasmine rice, and they had plenty

Back