Secret to an extra long life

He does look very young for such an extreme age of 110 (or even 90). His father lived to 98, so he must have genetics on his side, too.
I thought Ida Keeling was the tops! she is 103 she ran marathon races when she 99 and she is a current best selling author and in 2019 she was a guest on the morning show "The View"
But this gentleman takes the cake wow I wish I had one of his genes!

Wine, wild women and song.
View attachment 92438
2 out of 3 is good...
tenor.gif

Who wants to live that long? i sure wouldn't. But everyone in my ancestry seems to live to be 100. and I'm AWFUL heathy!
But I welcome going on to something new and different!

That's the truth. One of Deb's riddles will keep you busy till you're 100.

I agree with Gaer. I can't imagine living to be a 100. I've seen what that looks like in a nursing home. I can't imagine it's much better outside of one.

Exercise. We don't wear out. We rust out.

In order, I would rate:

1) Genetics as the primary factor in longevity,

2) Luck, such as leaving your house a few minutes later than usual and missing the DUI driver who might have nailed you,

3) Lifestyle, one of the components of which is exercise, along with diet, buckling your seat belt, etc.

A lot of folks who allege their longevity don't have birth certificates or other documents to prove their assertions.
hahaha! My dear Grandma told everyone for YEARS she was 10 years younger than she actually was. She married a much younger man. She died at 90 but after the funeral, they found her birth certificate and she was really 100!

In order, I would rate:

1) Genetics as the primary factor in longevity,

2) Luck, such as leaving your house a few minutes later than usual and missing the DUI driver who might have nailed you,

3) Lifestyle, one of the components of which is exercise, along with diet, buckling your seat belt, etc.
I might be one of the oldest in this forum. Genetics yes if you don't get a fatal disease inherited. That's luck. I have always been active. It helps with a lot of things.

I might be one of the oldest in this forum. Genetics yes if you don't get a fatal disease inherited. That's luck. I have always been active. It helps with a lot of things.

I'm 76, was always active, and have excellent "internal" health, i.e., health related to vital organs, and, knock on wood, no arthritic problems related to lower extremities, but overuse syndrome of the upper extremities has caused bone-on-bone arthritis, torn labrum, and torn rotator cuff of the upper extremities. It's miserable and having it to do over again, I'd be considerably less active with lifting weights, throwing, splitting firewood .... Moderation is the key with respect to longevity factor #3 (lifestyle).

hahaha! My dear Grandma told everyone for YEARS she was 10 years younger than she actually was. She married a much younger man. She died at 90 but after the funeral, they found her birth certificate and she was really 100!

Maternal grandmother made it to 95. She spent her early yrs. in a Catholic orphanage and told me that many of her classmates ADDED years to their ages as if that were some sort of badge of honor. They "fished" for compliments, wanting people to say how good they looked and how well they got around for being such fossils.

Start with enjoying the life you have, making the best of what you have.
Activity , decent food, good attitude towards life and those around you.

Back