Security cameras

JaniceM

During the last year or so, it's been in the news that homeowners, property owners for rentals, etc., should have security cameras.
There've been cameras around here for the last few years. Here's the catch: landlord in charge does not turn individuals in to law enforcement- even when crimes are committed in front of the cameras, and in some instances there've been witnesses to the crimes. From ongoing incidents of breaking-and-entering to ongoing illegal drug activity, he just brushes it off.

Does this make sense to anybody here?

No. Those cameras can't act as a determent if there are no consequences. They are just a waste of electricity.
However, if a crime took place and the police were sent for, they would be able to get the cameras for their own use to catch and convict a criminal. So it sounds like the cameras are just a 'back up' witness.

No. Those cameras can't act as a determent if there are no consequences. They are just a waste of electricity.
However, if a crime took place and the police were sent for, they would be able to get the cameras for their own use to catch and convict a criminal. So it sounds like the cameras are just a 'back up' witness.
But it's useless when landlords won't press charges.

During the last year or so, it's been in the news that homeowners, property owners for rentals, etc., should have security cameras.
There've been cameras around here for the last few years. Here's the catch: landlord in charge does not turn individuals in to law enforcement- even when crimes are committed in front of the cameras, and in some instances there've been witnesses to the crimes. From ongoing incidents of breaking-and-entering to ongoing illegal drug activity, he just brushes it off.

Does this make sense to anybody here?
Well, that’s just plain idiocy. If crimes in that area are being committed, detectives should be canvassing that area and looking for cameras. Once they have been located, they are empowered to request the hard drive, tape or the ability to view what the cameras have captured.

Someone needs to do their job.

Well, that’s just plain idiocy. If crimes in that area are being committed, detectives should be canvassing that area and looking for cameras. Once they have been located, they are empowered to request the hard drive, tape or the ability to view what the cameras have captured.

Someone needs to do their job.
Update from "Looneyville USA": it looks like somebody stole one of them! From what I can see, it looks like the cord/wire was cut. :mad:

Cameras keep people honest, sometimes. I put some up a few years ago after noticing tracks around my place that did not belong to me.
Most were nosy neighbors that did not like being recorded.
Two cameras are easily seen, most people turn and leave. There are others
that are not. I find it does work to keep people honest, at least the honest ones.

Update from "Looneyville USA": it looks like somebody stole one of them! From what I can see, it looks like the cord/wire was cut. :mad:
My hunch was correct. Somebody stole it. :cautious:

Edited to add: here's the interesting part- there's another camera aimed directly at where the stolen one used to be. And I'll stake a bet on it that if the thief was caught on film, he/she/they won't be turned in.

Last edited:

Back