Seeking Smart Doorbell Advice

officerripley

Anybody got a smart doorbell that they're happy with? Since we can't hear the doorbell when we're watching tv with our headphones on, I was thinking about getting one of those strobe light doorbells for the deaf but also would like to get an alert on our smart phones. So now we're talking a smart doorbell that has to (I think?) work with an Alexa maybe? (Don't have Alexa and don't want it either.) The nextdoor neighbor's got one of those Ring doorbells and I don't know if it's operator error or what, but last I heard they couldn't get it to work right.

So I guess I'm looking for a smart doorbell for dummies, lol. Any advice appreciated; thanks.

Anybody got a smart doorbell that they're happy with? Since we can't hear the doorbell when we're watching tv with our headphones on, I was thinking about getting one of those strobe light doorbells for the deaf but also would like to get an alert on our smart phones. So now we're talking a smart doorbell that has to (I think?) work with an Alexa maybe? (Don't have Alexa and don't want it either.) The nextdoor neighbor's got one of those Ring doorbells and I don't know if it's operator error or what, but last I heard they couldn't get it to work right.

So I guess I'm looking for a smart doorbell for dummies, lol. Any advice appreciated; thanks.
MY ''Ring'' video doorbell can easily be made to work with Alexa.. I don't have it going through my Echo.. but I know people who do, apparently easy to set up

My deaf realtives all had doorbells which would make their table lamps flash.. that was back in the day when I was young, so I suspect there's a much more modern version now

MY ''Ring'' video doorbell can easily be made to work with Alexa.. I don't have it going through my Echo.. but I know people who do, apparently easy to set up

My deaf realtives all had doorbells which would make their table lamps flash.. that was back in the day when I was young, so I suspect there's a much more modern version now
So an Echo is like an Alexa, right? I don't have either one and even after much googling can't seem to figure out if I need one of those to even have a smart doorbell. :unsure:

Back